cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre - activation date?

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre - activation date?

Hello,

Raising this problem in behalf of my dear old mum.

She upgraded to Unlimited Fibre on 8/11/2018, the sales rep said it would take 7-10 working days - it's been 14 days and she's still on ADSL.

Sadly the import of her phone account wasn't trouble free either, it emerged that it looked like "the agent didn't select the features on our supplier's systems" https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Phone-services-not-available-Caller-ID-etc/m-p/1591178#M280...

So I wonder if other errors were made.

Please could the order be checked and a solid activation date provided. Thank you.

Many thanks for any help or information.

Cheers,
Tony

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre - activation date?

Hi @toggie101, I'm sorry that it hasn't yet gone live. I've had a look into this and provided further information here.

Please get back to us if you have any further questions in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
toggie101
Rising Star

Many thanks @LaurenB for looking into this.

Hopefully the re-placed order will complete very soon, as I wanted this re-contract/upgrade sorted during my visit.

(I live 230 miles away and technical problems are w-a-a-y harder to troubleshoot over the phone with a non-techie octogenarian mum Smiley)

Cheers,
Tony

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @toggie101,

No worries, I can totally understand how difficult that must be from so far away.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF.

toggie101
Rising Star

The new completion date is 6th December, which is disappointing and raises two questions:

- Will the switch over to Fibre be completely seamless eg. no need to reset the router to its default state?
Mum is using a Hub One router (in preparation for Fibre) for her current ADSL connection, and I've split 2.4 & 5GHz bands, changed SSIDs/WPA2 keys etc., and configured/tested all her devices; default router settings should still work as a sub-optimal fallback, but would be a nightmare for me to troubleshoot over the phone if problems arise.

- I assume mum's bill will be adjusted to reflect that she's not received Unlimited Fibre for 28 days following her re-contracting on the 8th November? (Assuming all goes well on the delayed connection date.)

Many thanks for any information and reassurance you can provide.

Cheers,
Tony

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

When you switch over to fibre, it should be a seamless transition. You may notice a drop-out for a couple of minutes, but the router should just kick back in afterwards.

With regards to the bill, we can chase this up and adjust this for you once the change over has occured.