cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre extra but no change in line speed

MrCat

Upgraded to Fibre extra but no change in line speed

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fibre Extra and received an email from Plusnet on 19/3/20 confirming the change and stating it would take place on 26/03/20.

The new modem arrived 27/03/20 and I've installed it, however I'm not seeing any increase in line speed.

The DSL line speed on the modem shows downstream speed connection as 18.31 Mbps and Max Data Rate as 18496.

Checking the broadband service in My Account shows "Current Line Speed (Download): 78Mbps".

Any suggestions about what is going on?

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
billhudson74
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgraded to Fibre extra but no change in line speed

Same here I'm afraid, i've been waiting 9 days so far, staff are responding to other threads, just not ours.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Upgraded-from-fibre-to-fibre-extra/td-p/1717314

MrCat

That's not good to hear.  I'm sure that staff are stretched at the moment, just like everyone else, but it is frustrating when you try and contact Customer Services and get referred to the forums, because they are too busy to answer the phones, only for there to be no response or acknowledgement of the forum post.

If there is a problem with the upgrade it would be good to know about it and to be given some idea of when it might be sorted.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MrCat  What modem sync speeds did you have on standard fibre? I thought PlusNet would not upgrade to fibre extra if you were not getting full sync speed of 40Mbps downstream because the upgrade does not magically improve your speed it just removes the 40Mbps/10Mbps caps on downstream and upstream. What estimated speeds does this checker give you?

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ 

Having read your post again you say you received a new modem, so have you upgraded from ADSL broadband to FTTC? If that is the case you are probably still on ADSL, i.e. no upgrade has happened, apart from PlusNet's admin system which thinks you are on 80/20 FTTC. Note that the "PlusNet Line Speed" is not actually a speed bit an internal profile setting that PlusNet may use. I have had experience of notification that an upgrade has taken place when the physical change required by their supplier (Openreach) has not been done which is highly likely in the current situation. You need staff assistance to sort this out, best of luck as they are struggling at the moment.😁