Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from fibre to fibre extra

FIXED
JollyRocker
Dabbler

Re: Upgraded from fibre to fibre extra

Hi there,

Working from home I've similarly just upgraded from Fibre to Fibre Extra last week and my changeover date was today and I've received the email confirming that change over is complete.

However I've used several different speed checkers, including Ookla, Thinkbroadband and BT Wholesale on desktop and mobile and my upload and download speeds are no better than yesterday or last week. Still getting <40 down and <10 up, which isn't too bad but the same as before so not the Extra upgrade I was expecting.

Can Techs please confirm upgrade has actually happened, because if so there must be some other factor limiting my line speed.

Thank you

Nubber99
Dabbler

Patience is a virtue. 66 down, 11 up. Now I have a busy tone on the phone line - but as long as the internet's working, I'm not too bothered!

JollyRocker
Dabbler

The BT Wholesale simple results and detailed results for download are very similar, but far below supposed max achievable (see snapshots below).

However the detailed results say upload speed achieved is over 20, but the initial simple results below show it's only 8.26 upload?  This is what I was achieving pre-upgrade.

Something doesn't add up.

N.B. This is using my new Home Hub 6 as recommended 3 weeks ago to replace my old EchoLife HG612 + D-Link DIR-880L, which arguably gave a better Wifi signal but a D-Link firmware update severely throttled both upload and download speeds to unusable levels, hence the replacement.

PlusNet-Upgrade1.PNGPlusNet-Upgrade2.PNG