cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Fibre to Fibre extra

jonpedw

Upgraded from Fibre to Fibre extra

Completed an Upgrade process from Fibre to Fibre extra on the 23rd March and ordered a new router into the bargain.

So far I'm not seeing a speed increase and I have no new router.

Any help gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Upgraded from Fibre to Fibre extra

Apologies, I've found the issue and placed an order to fix it for you.

The upgrade should complete with Openreach systems on Monday. I've also added a note to your account to clarify some billing related things for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jonpedw

Hi,

thought I would wait a little to see if this resolved my issues.

I updraded from Fibre to Fibre Extra to cure slow speeds bu this doesn't seem to have worked.

The new router arrived and installation was easy, but the connection speeds I am seeing are still really variable and quite often very slow.

speedtest.net reports ~15Mbps down and ~3 Mbps up.

I've had much faster speeds before so I can only assume there is a fault somewhere along the way,

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @jonpedw. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team