cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade, where to find out when?

Lorri66
Dabbler

Upgrade, where to find out when?

Had an email to say ny fibre upgrade was complete, but speeds the same. I noticed on other other threads that this means my account & not necessarily the line?Huh
How can find out when the speeds will change without phoning PN please?
28 REPLIES 28
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Upgrade, where to find out when?

Enter your telephone number into the DSL  availability checker https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

In the narrative below the speed estimates you ought to see something along the lines of :-

'There is an open order on this line , due to complete on ....'

That's the date that the upgrade will be completed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lorri66
Dabbler

Thank you for this, its says to be  completed on 20th Aug, which is today so hopefully if I try later I may notice the difference!

Certainly hope so as only get speed of 5 at the moment on a good day.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Since you've already had the email to say your account has changed to Fibre, you should see the improved speeds as soon as the engineer has done the work at the cabinet today. Have you got a PlusNet Hub One to replace your old router as part of the upgrade ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Lorri66, welcome to the forums Smiley

Looks like your Fibre order is all complete, let us know if you still have an issue. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lorri66
Dabbler

Yes i have the hub as as i was leaving home it was flashing orange & the broadband light going mad!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the connection has now been stable for almost 2 hours so is likely that was caused by the switch to Fibre. Let us know what it's like when you get back home. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lorri66
Dabbler

well speed has increased to a whopping 12mbs!! think we were guaranteed more than this and hope it improves.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Lorrie66, as it's only gone live today we need to give it a few days to settle but if nothing changes can you report the fault here and get back to us so we can investigate further. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lorri66
Dabbler

Ok thank you!

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Not a problem @Lorrie66

Just let us know if we can help with anything further

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@LaurenB there is no training period with FTTC so the service should be a the maximum speed as soon as it is enabled, this wait a few days nonsense seems to be a Plusnet  excuse and delaying tactic to do nothing until the customer comes back later to say my speed has not improved. Could there possibly be some PlusNet line profile restriction or other reason for the poor speed?

@Lorri66 What does this link give you for you estimated speeds? You should not have to be raising a fault at this stage.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Lorri66
Dabbler

This is what i got.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum.

Lorri66
Dabbler

Still only getting 12 & it went down to 7 last night!! Only 2 more than we already getting.