Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre?

FIXED
SteveJ1

Upgrade to fibre?

Hi there

I was sent an email earlier this month saying my broadband contract is coming to an end, and that I could upgrade to fibre for the same price on an 18 month contract. I've signed up for this and was charged £6.99 for a new router, and the confirmation email said the new service would go live on 30th October.

I haven't yet received the new router but you've taken the money and I've heard nothing further.

Can you give me a timescale for the upgrade to happen?

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
SteveJ1

Re: Upgrade to fibre?

Hello?

Is there literally nobody that can give me a general update for this?

I've received the new router this morning, connected it up but I'm still on my old broadband connection, so the new service is still not live.

We'll do you proud?!

Just an update is all I'm asking for here please.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Upgrade to fibre?

Fix

@SteveJ1  in the absence of a formal staff response I'll try and give some general information

I've received the new router this morning,

That bodes well, since these are normally sent out to arrive a couple of days before the committed upgrade date. The fact that your initial date has passed is not unusual. Although the confirmation probably didn't make it clear, these dates are often pushed back due to Openreach engineer availability and the automated system is not very good at advising about this. As I said above, the fact that the router has arrived usuaully means that the upgrade is actually scheduled in the next couple of days. Leave the new router connected , it will automatically sort itself out when the upgrade happens.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.