cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre timescale

jgunderwood
Hooked

Upgrade to fibre timescale

On 17th May I placed an order to upgrade from ADSL to Unlimited Fibre. I received an email stating that it was scheduled for 22nd May. Today, 22nd May, the upgrade has not happened. I have contacted plusnet who have informed me it won't happen until 3rd June. I had not been notified of this in advance of my telephone call, and had rearranged work commitments around the migration happening today.

Plusnet: why is your communication with customers so consistently rubbish? Why was I not notified of the change of date in advance?

7 REPLIES 7
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Upgrade to fibre timescale

@jgunderwood 

As this is also a customer to customer forum, you may have to wait for an official response.  As an assumption, the system they use works on pre set time scales, an update an ugrade in this case was around 5 days, so you recieved an Automated e-mail with a calculated 5 day time period. 

Assuming a Openreach engineer is due to visit, this will have been delayed by Openreach, and Plusnet's systems have not been amended to take this into account, presumably due to the current situation.

Kind Regards,

CJT
jgunderwood
Hooked

Thanks @CJT-80. While I understand what you say, the fact remains that Plusnet's system was aware of the 3rd June date set by Openreach, and yet failed to communicate that date to me until I made an enquiry. That's really terrible customer service in my view.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@jgunderwood 

I agree with you that it's NOT what you wanted/expected.

Let's just take one other company into account Openreach, so if their system did not inform PlusNet of the delay in your appointment (which if it did, should have triggered a alert) then PlusNet's system would not have informed them of any changes, therefore with no human intervention needed, you would be expected to go "live" on the date.

Perhaps Plusnet are not alone in shouldering any blame. 

Kind Regards,

CJT
jgunderwood
Hooked

Other ISPs I have worked with in the past have had no trouble communicating Openreach dates, so I can't believe Plusnet can't do this. It really is not an unreasonable expectation that, upon a service change, the customer is informed of the date that change is to be actioned.

@CJT-80 I realize you're trying to be helpful, and thank you for it, but I would like a response here from Plusnet.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jgunderwood
Hooked

Still waiting for Plusnet to respond ...

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@jgunderwood 

More importantly in my view than waiting for platitudes and an apology from Plusnet, are you aware that the upgrade from ADSL to fibre does not require anyone to visit your property so you don’t need to have time off work? If you plug your Hub One in it should connect now and swap over automatically apart from a loss of service whilst the change is in progress.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'