cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre extra taking over a week?

liane14
Dabbler

Upgrade to fibre extra taking over a week?

How long does a upgrade take from fibre to fibre extra? Had the initial open ticket to say it’s being changed but I was under impression there would be some information sent when it’s due to be completed but had nothing. Is there anything I’m missing? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Upgrade to fibre extra taking over a week?

Thanks for your post @liane14 

From what I can see your upgrade to fibre extra completed on the 14th May. Our tests are showing your broadband is what's known as banded which is artificial restrictions put on by the automated equipment at the cabinet (the green box in the road). Line tests aren't showing the cause for this so I've arranged for your line to be reset.

You should hopefully see an improvement in your speed within the next 3 working days. The estimated speed range for your line is between 35mbps to 52.1mbps so unsure how much of an improvement you'll see.

Let us know how it goes though. I've attached a copy of the testing below if you're interested:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID: N/A Service ID: [redacted]

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 35.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 6.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised N
Estimated Line Length In Metres 783.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap  
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-35M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-05-08T17:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 34.9 Mbps 34.9 Mbps 34.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.3 Mbps 6.6 Mbps 6.4 Mbps
Up Time 2.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 888.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2021-05-21T16:21:00Z 2021-05-21T16:36:00Z
Ingress Code Violation 1 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
liane14
Dabbler

Thank you for taking a look. Shame there was no notification to let me know about it! Hypothetically this does nothing.. What’s my options as I’m going to be stuffed with this 14 day cooling off period passing.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @liane14 from what I can see you're still within the cooling off period as you upgraded on the 13th. 

It could be worth waiting a few days for the reset to go through though and see if that improves your speed?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
liane14
Dabbler

Guess I’m going to have a word And change it back. Gone up a monumental 4mb to 36 (sync showing 39) and upload not moved. Was mid 40s when I was on extra 4 years ago so at least that was justifiable then! Bummer but not fully unexpected on the estimates.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @liane14,

I'm sorry to hear this is the case. Having tested the line today I can see the speed reflects what you've stated, though there are no obvious reasons why it would be towards the lower end of your estimated speed range. As the service is performing as we'd expect from a technical standpoint, there's not a whole lot we can do to improve it at this time, though it may gradually improve over time as the line remains stable. Should you decide you wish to return to a lower package, please make sure you do so as soon as possible as we're unable to waive any associated ETF's once you're outside of the 14 day cooling off period. To request this, it would be best to call our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team