cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre. No email confirmation.

FIXED
RadioFox
Grafter

Upgrade to fibre. No email confirmation.

8 days ago, on 28th December, I applied to upgrade my broadband service to fibre. I was hoping for some kind of email to confirm this but haven't received any confirmation at all.

My account summary page appears to be completely messed up. My "Unlimited Broadband" which I've had since 20/02/2015 is showing as "expired". The product labeled "unlimited" is actually showing the date that I ordered unlimited fibre (28/12/2016). The product "unlimited fibre broadband" is showing a date of 01/01/1970. The date for the Plusnet Hub One is shown as unknown (although it might update when the hub is dispatched?). When I view the order status for the Plusnet Hub One, it shows that payment has been taken, but hardware dispatch is pending, with the message "The order has not yet been placed". Does this message suggest that there is something else I need to do? I find that the Account Summary is very user unfriendly & confusing. Surely it could be set out more clearly?

My main point though, is that I didn't even receive any kind of email to confirm my upgrade to fibre. I would have thought that Plusnet would have at the very least sent a confirmation of my order. I have no idea how long it will take to send the router, or how long it will take to complete the set up. I know it's only been 8 days, but some kind of acknowledgement by email that something is happening would be nice.

9 REPLIES 9
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Upgrade to fibre. No email confirmation.

Hi,

Based on the images shown there alone it appears to have gone through okay, it normally takes at least 10 days to process the upgrade. One of the Plusnet team will hopefully be along later today where they will be able to give you the date the upgrade will complete.

James

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @RadioFox

I'm really sorry to hear you've not heard from us regarding your fibre upgrade. I'm looking into your account to investigate what's happening and I'll update you this afternoon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RadioFox
Grafter

Thanks both for your replies.

I'm sure (hope!) everything is progressing. It's just the fact that I've had no email response that concerns me. I don't know whether it's normal for Plusnet not to confirm, or whether something's gone wrong. I would have thought that I would have received some kind of automated email response if I change any aspect of my phone or broadband.

Also the fact that the date I ordered unlimited fibre broadband has been attributed to my normal unlimited broadband (which I've had for nearly 2 years) is confusing.

Hopefully I will know more this afternoon.

Cheers.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thanks for your patience, I've now looked into it.

You would normally receive an automated email to confirm, but yeah something has gone wrong. I can see that our system sent a modify order to our suppliers to upgrade the service.

The original date requested was the 5th January (as the minimum lead time we have to give is 7 days). The order was pushed back to 18th January because of engineer availability in your area. Our systems changed the date of your product change to reflect this.

However, what's gone wrong is that the order prematurely completed today. I've contacted BT wholesale and I've been assured that the order is progressing on their back end systems for the 18th.

Many apologies that you received no notification at all. I've also now manually ordered your new router which you should receive notification of shortly.

If you have any problems come the upgrade date please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RadioFox
Grafter

Thanks for your help.

I received an email confirming my order of the Plusnet Hub One this afternoon & I received a confirmation text this evening that it has been dispatched.

Looking forward to 18th January.

Cheers.

RadioFox
Grafter

OK. So I'm now on fibre...but I'm not getting the offer that was shown when I changed products.

I was previously on Unlimited broadband (£9.99 per month). The offer to existing broadband users, was for £10 for the first 18 months, then £14.99 after that. This was confirmed during the order, as I clearly remember being shown that the change in price would be just 1p.

I wish I had taken a screen dump of every page during the order process now. I usually do this, but as I said above, I assumed that Plusnet would have confirmed everything in a confirmation email, but they didn't. Although I marked the post above as "answered", I still never received any confirmation about my product change & how much I would be paying monthly etc. It is only looking at my account summary, that I see I'm now being charged £14.99 per month instead of £10 as per the offer..

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I believe discounts don't appear on the Account Summary but on your invoice.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Strat is correct. Your discounts are still applied @RadioFox

RadioFox
Grafter

Ahh...right. Thanks for your replies.

Sorry for the panic!