cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre - Feeling confused!

FIXED
andusbeckus

Upgrade to fibre - Feeling confused!

I placed an order to upgrade to unlimited fibre on 11/08/2016 and was very happy with the deal and service received. Was told I would get a new router and upgrade would be complete within 10 days so all good so far!

After a week I had no text or email so decided to get in touch and see how it was progressing. Was told the upgrade would complete on the 24th which is good and asked when my router may arrive which I was told would be 3-5 days. After that conversation I get an email saying my order for hardware had been placed and would be delivered in 3-5 days so I guess it had not been ordered in the first place! Then I woke up to an email this morning saying my product change to fibre was now complete? 

Also in the member centre it states that my subscription is £14.99 per month when it should be £10 as offered?

Would be nice if someone could clarify what's happening as it sounds to me that I have fibre enabled with no router yet and I'm paying more than agreed. 

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Upgrade to fibre - Feeling confused!

Hi @andusbeckus Welcome to the community forums.

Apologies for any confusion caused during your upgrade to fibre. As it currently stands, you're still on ADSL and your fibre order is due to complete on the 24th as you said.

Unfortunately it looks like your account has upgraded early, but the order is still progressing as expected for the 24th.
In regards to the cost, £14.99 is the standard monthly cost, however I've checked your account and can confirm that discounts are in place, so when your invoice is generated it will show £14.99 as the cost and -£4.99 special offer discount, making the cost the expected £10.

With the router, this is generally not sent out immediately and is sent later by automation once the order has reached a committed state. Although we have to advise 3-5 working days for delivery, they are sent first class post and usually arrive sooner.

I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
andusbeckus

Thank you that does make it clearer!

The email saying product change complete is rather confusing for someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of how the upgrade works. Would be good to make it clear in the email that this does not mean connection is complete.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

I completely agree with you and I've previously gathered examples on people complaining about this to pass on to the relevant people.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RogansDad

I seem to be having the same experience.

I was told I would move from ADSL to fibre on 05/09/16 and duly received an email on that day saying the broadband product change is now complete.

I did order the Hub One router but the website says this hasn't been dispatched yet.

In frustration I bought a VDSL2 modem router from Amazon, but the download speeds don't appear to have improved.

Perhaps I am still on ADSL ? Or do I have to wait 10 days for the line to settle ?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@RogansDad

Does your old ADSL modem/router still work? If so then you have not yet been upgraded to FTTC. (Both cannot exist on the same line at at the same time)

Most VDSL2 modem/routers are also ADSL modems/routers so you would need to check in the router webpages if it is connecting in ADSL mode or VDSL mode.

And FTTC does not have a 10 days training mode, it is full speed from day 1.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry about that @RogansDad Undecided

Your fibre order is due to complete on 19/09/16 and your router should now be on it's way to you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RogansDad

Many thanks for that HarryB, much quicker than hanging on the phone or in the Chat queue.

If only it was made clearer in original order confirmations / emails.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem. I can assure you this is something I'm still pushing for improvement on.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet