cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre

SteveBastable

Upgrade to Fibre

Hi

Placed an order to upgrade to Fibre broadband on 06/01 and had an email informing that the move would happen today 11/01. However have had no new router, nor any further comms and looking in the order section of my account only the original ADSL order is showing from a few years ago.

I assume that the upgrade won't be happening today....which is fine since I don't have the router yet, but when can I now expect this to happen?

Regards

Steve

11 REPLIES 11
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Upgrade to Fibre

Hi @SteveBastable

I am sorry to hear that you are still to receive your new router, I have arranged distribution of this for you manually. This is usually sent by the automated system allowing 5 working days for delivery.

After reviewing the details of your order I have responded with the details of your activation here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

ianandlorraine

I have exactly the same problem. I've had one email which says I will be connected on the 11 Jan. I've heard nothing since and not received a router. Very poor communication from a communication company!!

fox1lady

I have upgraded to Fibre and have received a new router but I am still not sure if the upgrade has happened as nothing seems to have changed.  My account information is still showing as the lower broadband product.  I would like some confirmation that the change has actually been made please.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@fox1lady an initial check to see if the upgrade has happened

login to the Hub One at http://192.168.1.254 then click troubleshooting and then help desk.

What does it say for Line 24. Modulation ? G.992.5 or G.993.2

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fox1lady

Hi MisterW

Thanks for the response.  It is saying G.992.5

Cheers 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@fox1lady That says it's ADSL2 modulation, your upgrade hasn't happened yetSad

Hopefully one of the PN help staff will pick this up and advise when the upgrade will happen

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fox1lady

Oh I see, it should have been completed on Friday 11th Jan.  Do I need to contact a PN member of staff on here?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@fox1lady Probably your upgrade date has been pushed back due to BT engineer availability

One thing you could try , go to the BT wholesale speed checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker, enter your phone number and look at the text BELOW the box with the speed estimates.

It should have a line saying 'There is an open order on this line, due to complete on .....'

fox1lady

Ah MisterW, yes your are right, it is for tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your help.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

No problem. Hope it all goes smoothly tpmorrow

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the delayed staff response and the lack of communicaton regarding your fibre upgrades.

@ianandlorraine, I can see your upgrade is going ahead for 22/01/2019. It should go live at any point up to midnight. We'll send your new router to you within the next few days which will work with the broadband you have currently.

@fox1lady, I've checked your order and I can see it's still showing as in progress on our suppliers systems, but checking your connection logs you did experience about an hour drop at 9am so it looks like you're on fibre now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet