cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre

csarina43

Upgrade to Fibre

I was so fed up with my so slow broadband, it even timed out when I was contacting Plusnet....I ordered an upgrade to Fibre on Saturday. The money for the P & P for the new router has gone out of my account, when I went onto my orders it said I did not have an order? What is going on, it said on the order that it would go live on 10th Feb which is Friday, now I see from other posts on the forum that many people are still not getting the speeds they were promised. I went with plusnet 2 years ago because of its good reputation and customer service rating, it seems that things have slipped and like many of the other companies the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I am wondering if I have done the right thing tying myself in for a further 18 months to a service which it seems is not all they crack it up to be.

6 REPLIES 6
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Upgrade to Fibre

Good Afternoon, 

I've taken a look at your order which was submitted on Saturday with a requested completion date of this Friday, unfortunately looking at the order, there is a lack of Fibre trained engineers in your area and this date has been moved back to the 28th of this month.

I'm sorry this is such a long wait however this engineer is definitely booked in to complete work on that day, your current service will work as it currently does until that day where you may experience a very short outage before the Fibre service kicks in.

If you have received a Hub One router from ourselves, you can begin using it immediately if you'd prefer to get used to the newer kit.

csarina43

I ordered my upgrade a week ago, should have been going live today, but has been put back, Plusnet have taken the postage from my bank account but no router, how long is this going to take, not impressed with the service, it seems that Plus net are not interested in old customers just new ones.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's one of the mystery's of the Plusnet billing system, that despite it's multiple admitted deficiencies it is pretty efficient at getting money from new customers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good morning! Smiley 

I've ordered your router out this morning and this will be with you in a few days time.

In regards to the physical order on your line, this is still in place to be completed on the 28th.

csarina43

Message to say order completed, when will the speed improve, it's still low when I ran a test.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It's likely the upgrade hasn't happened yet with our suppliers.

I'd expect an engineer to complete the work during normal business hours.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button