cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre stalled and no proper feedback from Plusnet

jezres

Upgrade to Fibre stalled and no proper feedback from Plusnet

First of all, I've been a standard broadband customer of Plusnet for 5 years.

Recently I put in an order to upgrade to fibre broadband which I was told would happen on 19 July.

I received an email early morning of 19 July stating "Your broadband product change is now complete".

Since I have my own router I logged in to it but could see straight away that the upgrade hadn't occurred.

I spoke to customer support and after they talked to the supplier (Openreach presumably) I received the message:

They have advised us that there is a technical issue preventing the order from progressing. They have escalate this to the correct team to progress the order and have asked us to review this on the 23/07/18. 

Since then Openreach have put back the order to 23/7 then 26/7 then 1/8 and now 6/8. Strangely enough, when I check on the BT Broadband Availability Checker for my phone line it states "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 16-Aug-2018".

Despite asking for information on the exact reason the upgrade hasn't gone ahead (eg. no engineer available to do the upgrade, hardware fault, software fault system upgrade needed etc) I have not been given any information at all about why my upgrade has not happened. All i keep being told is that a Bridge Case has been raised and is still ongoing.

This is definitely NOT good customer service. I know the underlying issue is not the fault of Plusnet and is down to Openreach but it is up to Plusnet to give proper feedback about what is happening with my order and they are clearly not doing that. It's almost as if they are covering up for the failings of Openreach.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Upgrade to Fibre stalled and no proper feedback from Plusnet

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums.
Sadly all too frequently in situations such as this ISPs do not know what is happening because BTOR do not advise of the issue, or fail to deliver updates when advised.  Further, if BTOR say "Next update in 5 days" they will not entertain a status chase until after those 5 days have passed.  It is all highly unsatisfactory, but in my experience BTOR are awful at delivering correct updates - both good and bad.  On one occasion I had Plusnet contact me to apologise for an extended fault report (damaged trunk cable taking out half of the village) some 3 days after it was resolved … BTOR's systems still reported the service as broken.
Insight to YOUR situation will required input from a staffer, but do not be too surprised if they report that they have no clear information from their supplier: a bridge case is a request to fix a specific point issue (usually related to infrastructure records), these typically take 48 hours to process (if they are simple).  All too often, fixing one such issue discloses another which BTOR insist on treating as a distinct bridge case...
Frankly when things do not go to plan, BTOR is not fit for purpose.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jezres

Hi and thanks for the welcome and reply.

Sadly, I have to agree with your comments about BTOR. From comments I've seen on other forums the experience I'm having is all too common and it seems as if BTOR couldn't care less!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've taken a look into the account for you to see if we could do anything at all to try to speed things up. It seems my colleagues have done all we can already. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jezres

Thanks for taking a look but you're completely missing the point.

Why is the upgrade taking so long and what is the actual problem or issue causing the delay? Despite asking I've still not been given any information whatsoever about the reason for the delay! That's just not good enough and it certainly isn't good customer service.

Find out the reason for the delay from Openreach and pass the information on to me. What could be simpler than that? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Essentially your order is stuck within the Openreach systems.

There are multiple systems a order progresses through with various activities which need to be completed, some activities by automation and some by human intervention.

Somewhere along the way an activity is open which has prevented the job being passed on to the engineers, so a bridge case/task was raised with a back-end team to complete the relevant activities and move the order along.

As this delay was caused by our suppliers they've expedited the order to get an engineer assigned to the job ASAP (Which should be today).

Let us know if your fibre service doesn't activate by tomorrow.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet