Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre date

PP100
Dabbler

Upgrade to Fibre date

According to an email my "changeover date" will be this week May 10th

but online account says order for the required Hub plus " has not yet been placed".

So I am doubting that it will all suddenly happen in the next couple of days.

Could someone update me on this?

9 REPLIES 9
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Upgrade to Fibre date

Hi there @PP100

Thanks for getting in contact. It looks like your fibre completion date has been amended to 18/05/2018 due to engineer availability. I do apologise this had not been communicated to yourself before now and inconvenience caused by this.

I have processed your new router for delivery and this should be with you in the next few days.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
PP100
Dabbler

Ok thanks for the reply. I now have a text to say the router is on its way.

Is it possible that the fibre could be activated any day up the completion date or is that now the actual expected day?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It's unlikely to be sooner I'm afraid, as the engineering work is set to take place on the 18th.

You'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning advising the product change is complete, though I'd expect the work to be carried out during normal business hours.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PP100
Dabbler

Latest: Openreach engineer texted about 4pm to say "Connect your router so I can get your services activated"

Not sure what they would have done if I had been out at work and not already connected the Hub.

Anyway I texted to say it was already connected .

Hub goes off/on , lights change colour etc over the next hour or more. After 2 hours - internet completely off and no update  I looked to see if anyone was actually  at the Green Cabinet round the corner - nope.

On the phone to Plusnet queue to try to find out what was happening and decided to restart the router. About this time I also got a text from the Openreach guy to say it had been activated. 

Broadband back on with some increased speed (ADSL max was about 4/5 but new line predicted to be about 38mbps ) but  I am getting a max of only about 16 up at the moment. Is this normal?

Presumably if not problems, this will  gradually increase over the first 10 days to the expected , otherwise I will be way short?

PP100
Dabbler

Latest update: Am running frequent speed tests which are quite variable.

It can creep up to nearly 30 but not consistently. Hopefully it will hit the ceiling nearer 40 and stabilise?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see your router is in sync at 40mbps but there's a capacity issue at the exchange where additional infrastructure is required and the target resolution date is the 3rd August.

However, I've raised this with our suppliers to investigate this further as quite often they can arrange to move a circuit onto a less congested area of the exchange though this is dependent on how much of the exchange is congested.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PP100
Dabbler

Ok. thanks for your reply.

I can get into the late 30s. though it's not consistent. I realise that it can vary

but anything to maximise consistently at the higher range is welcome.

One other thing, I am planning ,  to reconnect  with a (hidden) cable, once I can route it

but if I disconnect in order to change my set up, will this temporarily reduce my speed as with ADSL?

ie will it interpret the disconnection as a dodgy line specially during this initial period so should I wait?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. Fingers crossed your speeds improve soon.

One other thing, I am planning ,  to reconnect  with a (hidden) cable, once I can route it

but if I disconnect in order to change my set up, will this temporarily reduce my speed as with ADSL?

ie will it interpret the disconnection as a dodgy line specially during this initial period so should I wait?

No, that should be fine as long as you don't repeatedly disconnect/reconnect your router.

A single disconnection or two should be OK.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PP100
Dabbler

Ok thanks for your reply.