FIXED
colinsmithathom
Hooked

Upgrade to Fibre Confusion

Dear Plusnet,

bit of confusion and a query.

Confusion:

Similar to this user
https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Upgrade-to-fibre-Feeling-confused/m-p/1358996
I've had various dates suggested for upgrade ending with 13/09/2016.
I had an email early Tuesday (30/08/2016) morning saying the change was complete. It isn't. I've yet to receive the new router for example. I also appear to be being charged for the new service from then. Will the bill be correct(ed) from the actual service live date?

Query:

As I informed "you" in a recent question I am on holiday when the service goes live. With the new dates I may also be away when the router might be expected to be delivered. If it has not been when I return will my old router still work? It is a Technicolor TG582,

regards,

Colin

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Confusion

It looks like your upgrade is actually due to complete on the 12th.

You should have the router in the next few days.

With regards to billing you won't be charged for having fibre until your next billing date which is after the upgrade date so you aren't paying extra at the moment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
colinsmithathom
Hooked

thanks for that. The router arrived just before my holiday. I return soon.

Can you tell me whether the upgrade did happen?
I haven't had any communication one way or the other,

regards,

Colin

colinsmithathom
Hooked

And what do I find when I check my email this morning?
Yes, a "Your fibre broadband's ready to go" email Smiley . So it looks like it happened yesterday.

The old router (Technicolor TG582) is of course still connected. Will this still be working?
Or do I need to change to the new one before I am online once again,

regards,

Colin

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Will this still be working?

If it is, then you haven't been changed over yet.Sad

I believe the new router ( a Hub One I assume ? ) will work with both ADSL and VDSl (Fibre ) so plug it in anyway...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colinsmithathom
Hooked

thanks MrW.

I wasn't sure whether going to fibre changed just the speed (capability) or the encoding/modulation method also. Looks like it's the latter,

regards,

Colin

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Fix

Looks like it's the latter,

It is. The modulation is changed from ADSL to VDSL. The TG582n only supported ADSL and therefore when the line is changed to VDSL it will fail to synchronise. The Hub one supports ADSL & VDSL and will automatically detect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colinsmithathom
Hooked

thanks again

colinsmithathom
Hooked

Worked out of the box. Confusion over.

One oddity - the sequence of colours on the router from first plug in. Green then flashing then blue then red then orange then b symbol then blue again and away we go,

regards,
Colin