Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade status

FIXED
Richyroo
Dabbler

Upgrade status

As there's an order status part of the site it'd be good to have one regarding upgrade status.
My upgrade from ADSL to fibre should be going through on Monday, however I haven't received a new router, the money for the router has left my account though, nor have I received any further emails regarding the status of it.
From reading other topics in here this just seems to happen when there's a delay getting an engineer booked, but if this info was on the site I wouldn't have to post this on the forum and save everyone's time.
Thanks in advance of you letting me know what the status is Smiley
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Upgrade status

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @Richyroo

It looks like the order has been pushed back to the 15th due to engineer availability in your area.

I've manually ordered you the router today to make sure you get it in time.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Richyroo
Dabbler

I received confirmation today that hardware had been ordered. Strange as this should be my go live day so presumably hardware should've been at least ordered a week ago, never mind lock down causes all sorts Smiley I am happy it seems to be going ahead
Richyroo
Dabbler

Thanks for ordering that, I added a reply to this forum before getting your message. Hope your all safe and well at Plusnet keeping the countries broadband going
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Richyroo the problem with status updates is that the automated system seems not to notify the end user in some circumstances. The system knows the order has been delayed, that's why the router isn't dispatched earlier, it just doesn't tell the user!.

In the past, a number of us have suggested people check the BT Availability checker in these circumstances. It used to show an indication of any outstanding order in the text narrative below the speed estimates. Something along the lines of ' There is an open order on this line , due to complete on ...'. Since BT changed the availability check recently , there is some doubt as to whether it is shown any longer. Seeing that we now know you actually have an active order, it might help us help others in future, if you could use the checker and let us know if the indication of the order is still there.

Go to the checker at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and enter your phone number, look at the narrative below the speed estimates and let us know if any order status is there. If you post any details back here then make sure any personal information like phone number is redacted.

Thanks 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Richyroo
Dabbler

I am probably responding to this a bit late, but there's no "due to complete on..." anywhere.

I also haven't yet been upgraded to fibre yet as still showing 7Mbps down 0.3Mbps up so presumably it is still awaiting upgrade?!?!

Richyroo
Dabbler

Looks like everything went through on Monday afternoon, speeds around 50 down and climbing which is good news Smiley thanks for all the help guys.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Richyroo 

Glad to see your upgrade's gone through! Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet