cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ordered and heard nothing since.

rod2001

Upgrade ordered and heard nothing since.

Hi Can someone progress me on my ADSL to Fibre upgrade order please? This was due to change on the 15th. I have never received the router or heard anything from plusnet since placing the order on the 9th January.

Thankyou,

David.

2 REPLIES 2
munkfish
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Re: Upgrade ordered and heard nothing since.

I had the same issue in another thread I think you've seen.  I ordered an upgrade on 26th Dec, and the upgrade date was set for 5th Jan.  That date came and went, no router received and no obvious change to the status of the connection and I'd heard nothing by email about it at all.  I finally got in touch with them around 10th(?) and they confirmed the order had been cancelled by Openreach due to a lack of engineer availability I think it was.

They put in another order to set the activation date for 15th.  The activation went ahead on this date (there were complications but that's another story!).

Best bet is to ring up and talk to someone unfortunately.  I say unfortunately because there does seem to be a huge wait on the phone at the moment, I waited over an hour to get through and was probably what some would think is quite lucky there!  (Actually on another attempt it only took 5 mins so YMMV.)  I must admit though that once I got through, the service was very good, I had a CS agent who was quite proactive with my ticket and kept an eye on it's progress and even rang me back to check things were going as planned (they weren't, and so she helped move things on).  The key is just to make that initial contact on the phone I think and grin and bear it on hold.

Once you do get through on the phone though, check your tickets here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/

you should see a ticket for the job and be able to add to it yourself if required.  With luck any progress made by OR etc will be tacked onto the ticket so you can see what's happening.

You can also see all your 'closed' tickets on that ^ page, can be interesting to look over them to see what's happened with the various orders / issues etc on the account.

Good luck.

rod2001

Re: Upgrade ordered and heard nothing since.

Thanks connected now but have slow evening speeds due to hotvlan. An offhand engineer is  booked to sort this.