Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade info

pfreeve
Hooked

Upgrade info

Hi,

I applied for an upgarde to fibre some weeks ago and was given a completion date of 6/11/19, this didn't happen so I contacted plusnet who said there was a problem with Openreach and a new date of completion given of today 14/11/19. I have had no further information since my last contact with you. Is this upgrade still likely to happen today?

11 REPLIES 11
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Upgrade info

Hi @pfreeve

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I have checked over your account and can see that everything is complete. 

Can you please test the service and let us know how you get on?

Kind Regards

pfreeve
Hooked

Hi,

Sorry to inform you that I have no service at all now!

I need to have this fixed ASAP.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us, @pfreeve.

We're sorry to hear that this is the case.

We've run diagnostics and although we're not detecting a fault, we can see that your connection is currently down.

Can we confirm that the router that you have is VDSL (fibre) compatible? (Not to teach you to suck eggs but I do have to check!)

pfreeve
Hooked

Hi,

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk D7000 which I believe is fully ADSL/VDSL compliant. Everything was working fine as ADSL until day of upgrade. There was no gradual loss of service or slowdown, it was just off. I have checked router settings and rebooted several times. Is there something I am missing in my settings, I am under the impression that no changes are necessary and changeover should be seamless. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@pfreeve  you can find the correct settings for fibre using the d7000 in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Netgear-D7000-Setup-Question/m-p/1570095

For info They are

UK

Plusnet

VDSL (PTM)

VDSL2

Internet is selected

Enable this interface is ticked

Use VLANID is ticked

Priority 0

Does your internet require a logon: Yes is selected

Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) is selected

login - my username@plusdsl.net

password is the same as to access member centre

Service name is blank

Always on

Internet IP address - get dynamically from ISP

DNS - get automatically from ISP

NAT translation Enable is selected

Router MAC use default address is selected

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @pfreeve

If the settings that @MisterW has kindly provided doesn't resolve this for you, could you please let us know so that we can provide a router and then raise a fault if required?

Thanks

Dave

pfreeve
Hooked

Hi Dave,

The settings provided by MisterW unfortunately did not work......However, I reset the router to factory and performed a basic automatic setup which connected in seconds....strange!

My only concern now is that the connection is very slow with an upload speed of 10.95 Mbs and a download speed of 12.95Mbs. Is there any thing I can do to increase this speed or is it likely to increase as it settles down. If so how long should it take?Huh

Thanks to everyone so far for trying to help, I appreciate it!!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

d a download speed of 12.95Mbs. 

@pfreeve  is that about the same as your download on adsl by any chance ? If so , it sounds like your Plusnet profile hasn't updated from the adsl one.

Do you have a static ip OR have the Plusnet firewall on ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @pfreeve,

I'm glad to hear that your connection is back up and running, though I apologise for the lower than expected speeds. I've tested your line this afternoon and I can see that the speed going down the line appears to be running slower than we'd expect, and we may need to investigate further with an engineer visit. Before we do so, I would strongly recommend setting the router up within the test socket in the property if it isn't already. For reference, we have a guide on how to do this here. I would also ask that you run through our online troubleshooting guide, which can be found here.

Please let us know how this goes and we'll be more than happy to pick this back up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pfreeve
Hooked

Hi,

I've just tested speeds again and they have increased noticeably, up around 20-25Mps.

I have a very old original BT master socket (that doesn't even have a "test" socket) with a plug in microfilter. I am reading that these filters strangle speed. I am going to have the  master socket changed for an Openreach type. For now I have to accept the slower speed until all my internal sockets are up to scratch. I'll see how things are in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the help!!

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @pfreeve.

We're thrilled to hear that there's been a noticeable improvement, although acknowledge that it's not as fast as we'd like.

Let us know how things go with the new socket - if needs be, we can raise another fault and arrange for that engineer after all.