Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from broadband to fibre

FIXED
kin5ter

Upgrade from broadband to fibre

Hi 

I've been waiting for around 2 years to get onto Fibre and I was pleased when I logged into my account and seen that I was able to update from broadband to fibre.

However, email received from plusnet and noticed that it did not come with the new plusone router, so I phoned up and queried. anyway long story short, the original quoted day was for the 16th May, but according to the dslchecker website it now says "Waiting List" and also, "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 21-May-2018."

Does this mean that I won't be able to get fibre?  I logged into my account again and noticed that I am now contracted on the normal broadband for god knows how many months - I don't recall ever agreeing being contracted on broadband

Can someone please look into this and explain what is going on with my account - will I be charged £40.98 on the 16.05

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Upgrade from broadband to fibre

but according to the dslchecker website it now says "Waiting List" and also, "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 21-May-2018."

That would tend to indicate that you got your order in quick enough and it's due to be installed on the 21st, but that there is now a waiting list for new orders as all the ports in the cabinet are allocated

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kin5ter

Thanks MisterW, I only hope that is true.  In which case, I hope Plus Net has shipped out my Hub One Router and my BT fibre router as well...I suppose roll on 21st May 2018.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I hope Plus Net has shipped out my Hub One Router and my BT fibre router as well

You don't need a BT Modem anymore, the Hub One is Fibre compatible. It will also work on ADSL so you can plug it in as soon as it arrives.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

PlusNet tend to ship routes on a "just in time" basis based on your order completion date.

Although a fee has been taken upfront your billing period starts when the order completes.

Brian

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @kin5ter,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for any confusion caused by the automated messages stating that your order has been cancelled. I've checked on our supplier's system and can confirm that your fibre upgrade order is in place and is committed for the 21st of May. Your order will complete by midnight on this date at the latest. You won't be charged for fibre broadband until the upgrade has gone through.

I've checked on your router and unfortunately this hasn't been dispatched via the automated system. I've ordered this for you now and it should arrive within 3-5 working days, so will be with you in time for the fibre upgrade.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team