Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

FIXED
CaptainHug
Hooked

Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

I recently upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra, via a link that Plusnet sent to my email.

Very shortly after, I've received an email saying that the upgrade has been unsuccessful and a support ticket has automatically been created under my account:

"[internal note]
A modify order on this account was unsuccessful.

The reason given was "Self install is not a modifiable parameter.".

Modify order type:

An attempted move from ADSL 1 on WBC to ADSL2+An attempt to change the upstream capping
Please check why the order has been rejected and contact the customer."

Is there anything that can be done about this? What are my options here?

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

@CaptainHug  I have seen something similar to this recently, the ordering system is spewing out nonsense that in no way relates to an upgrade to fibre extra, I am afraid you will need a response from PlusNet staff to attempt to explain what it is supposed to mean. In the present situation you may be waiting some time but hopefully your existing fibre service is still working.😁

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @CaptainHug

I've placed the order to upgrade this manually for you and you should see the increase from Wednesday

Let us know if you're still having issues after then

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
CaptainHug
Hooked

Okay, will do @MatthewWheeler 

Thank you for your help so far.

CaptainHug
Hooked

Hi again,

Thank you for your help so far.

Just to let you know, we're still not seeing the Fibre Extra speeds this end, and our account is still showing as Unlimited Fibre, rather than the Extra product.

I think I have some more information that may shed some light on the issue. We originally tried to upgrade to Fibre Extra in November 2018. There was some fiasco, and then it turned out there was a huge billing issue at Plusnet, which meant that we were not billed for over a year. During this time our account was effectively locked and Plusnet support were unable to modify anything about the account until the billing issue was resolved.

Tracing back through old chat logs and recalling phone calls with Plusnet support, what ended up happening was our account remained on the Unlimited Fibre, the line was upgraded to the Fibre Extra, but the line was capped at 40 mbps. A Plusnet agent called Nushrat Nazir arranged this.

From what I'm seeing here, after our most recent upgrade to Extra attempt - our router is syncing at around 73 mbps downstream, but we can only achieve a maximum of 37.9 mbps from any online speed test - so I'm wondering, is there a possibility that the 40 mbps cap is still in place on our line?

Any help appreciated - and thank you once again.

panda25
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Fix

Good afternoon.

I have made some changes on your account please reset your router, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us and I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Jo

Jo Clark
 Plusnet Help Team
CaptainHug
Hooked

Good afternoon, thank you so much for looking into this for us.

I've reset the router as suggested, but I haven't noticed any difference. I've attached the BT Wholesale diagnostics if it helps?

BT_Wholesale.png

In the "My Products / My Contract" section of My Account, it's still showing as Unlimited Fibre, instead of Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Plusnet.png

Thank you again, in advance.

CaptainHug
Hooked

Just had an email through saying "Your broadband product change is now complete", and the speed tests are now in line with expectations - around 59 Mbps.

Thanks very much, again, for your help.