cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

Hightower666

Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

A couple days ago I upgraded to Fibre extra. From reading online this switch should have happened overnight, but I’m now approaching 48-hours and nothing has happened in terms of improved speeds. Could someone take a look at this for me as I’ve read on these forums of a few cases of this not working as expected and manual intervention being required. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 49

Re: Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

Hi @Hightower666, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our Community Forums.
I can see looking over your connection currently we're seeing 48Mbps download reaching your router which indicates that the cahnge over to Fibre Extra has gone through. It seems there may be banding on our suppliers side which is currently capping your speeds however as we sometimes see after a recent product change like this.
In which case, I've requested our faults team look into and remove any banding on the account which may be causing the lower than expected speeds and this should hopefully be resolved within the next 3 working days.
By all means, should you still be seeing speed issues come Wednesday morning then please feel free to give us a nudge on here and we can look to investigate this further for you.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
Hightower666

Hi, it's better but I'm still not getting upload speeds quite as fast as I was expecting, could this be looked into a bit further please?

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 14

Thank you for your response @Hightower666

You're right, something does appear to be a little odd with the upload speed at the moment, which is coming through at around 10.4Mbps, not something we see often. what I'd say for now is to monitor it over the next few days. Within the first 10 working days of a new broadband asset going live, speeds can fluctuate which may cause us to incorrectly assume that there's a fault on the line.

Keep an eye it throughout the coming week and let us know if this does not improve.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds