Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

why678
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

Hi,

I have upgraded from Fibre to Fibre extra a week ago. I have received the Service Notices that the switch have been happened last week, but I’m now still only getting 48Mbps for download and 6.9Mbps for upload.
Could someone take a look at this for me please? I have read though these forums and for some of the cases that you need to do some manual intervention to fix the line to revert the high download/upgrade speed.
Please help. Thanks.

Mr. Yeung
7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Upgrade from Fibre to Fibre Extra

Hi @why678,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've taken a look into this today and there's a couple of things at play here, but the good news is that the modify order to upgrade your line is marked as completed. The bad news is that means something's currently preventing the line from reaching its full potential. Line tests indicate a potential fault, though nothing specifically has been determined as the cause. Please could you set your router up within the test socket in the property to see if this inspires any change? For reference, we have a guide on how to set the router up in the test socket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
why678
Dabbler

Hi TheMightyAJ,

I have checked that I don't have master socket at my flat.

I followed the instructions and  I have tested all the sockets at my flat but the speed is not as expected (51Mbps download /8.6Mbps upload).

Could you help? Thanks.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @why678,

The master socket would be the socket where the phone line comes into the property and is the main one, with any other sockets simply being extensions to it. Has the router been moved to a different location now as a result of this troubleshooting, or is it back in the same place as before?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
why678
Dabbler

Hi TheMightyAJ,

The router is always on the same place as before, we don't move to different location for the router. We always use the same socket for broadband and phone line.

The reason why I don't know if it is the master socket because the socket doesn't look the same as the one which is mentioned in the instruction. I have attached the photo of my socket for reference. 

Please help. Thanks.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @why678

Testing on your line has picked up some issues, though apparently, they centre around the equipment within your property, hence we asked you to complete some internal checks. If you're unable to test through the test socket, don't worry about it. The lien itself does not appear to be banded , the profile is correct:

Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

Going forward, I reckon we'd need to raise this matter with Openreach and to possibly arrange an engineer appointment, please head over to faults.plus.net and raise this with our team.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
why678
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Yesterday I have unplugged the line and wait for 10-15 mins then plug it back to the socket and it seems fixed the issue. I now have a higher speed for download / upload. I will monitor it for a few more days and if it is OK then I will close this case.

Thanks for Alex (TheMightyAJ)'s and your help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @why678 thank you for letting us know Smiley

Feel free to reach out if the problem re-occurs & we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds