cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre not happened

veloman
Grafter

Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre not happened

Good morning.  I have ordered an upgrade from Broadband contracted to Fibre Extra together with a router.  I was given an upgrade date of 31st July (yesterday).  When my router hadn't arrived by the 30th it was found that the order process had gone wrong. That has been corrected and my router is in the post. However my upgrade, due to happen yesterday has not happened.  The router delay is not a problem as I have a BT Hub 6 which I believe will work with Fibre and it is now connected to my ADSL line awaiting the upgrade to Fibre.  Can someone offer any help on this? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
veloman
Grafter

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre not happened

Well, I managed to get through to Megan in Customer Services after only a 15 minute wait.  Apparently my upgrade has been delayed for an unspecified reason.  My upgrade has now been scheduled for 7th August. 

I haven't received any confirmation by mail or text so I guess I wont be holding my breath

veloman
Grafter

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre not happened

My upgrade from ADSL to fibre happened yesterday.  Changeover was very quick and my superfast (38Mbits ish) broadband seems to be working fine.  Having read all the tales of woe on this forum I must admit I was a bit concerned that things wouldn't go right but apart from a hiccup with sending my router which I don't actually need as my BT Hub 6 works fine and the first date for changeover failing for some reason it has all worked out ok.  I guess there must be lots of new installs and upgrades going on that go smoothly and none of these ever post on this forum which ends up with forums giving a slightly distorted view of Plusnets service.