cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre - Do I need to replace the Phone/ADSL filters for VDSL filters?

pnet_user

Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre - Do I need to replace the Phone/ADSL filters for VDSL filters?

Hi

I'm upgrading from Plusnet ADSL to Fibre. I currently have ADSL/Phone filters attached to all phone points in the house. These have been in place for quite some years. Will these still work once I have the fibre connection in place or do I need to get VDSL filters or newer ADSL filters? I can see a few ADSL/VDSL filters for sale in Amazon, but mainy ADSL filters, so I'm not clear if VDSL filters are the same or not. I've seen some blogs saying ADSL filters won't work, but I'm not sure if that is the case or if there are newer standards of ADSL filters covering VDSL as well as ADSL that need to be used (DSL filters for A or V). Can anyone advise, so if necessary I can get some before the switch-over?

Thanks Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre - Do I need to replace the Phone/ADSL filters for VDSL filters?

Hi there and welcome to the community forums.

I'd expect your ADSL filters should work fine.

Can you let us know how your upgrade goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pnet_user

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to Fibre - Do I need to replace the Phone/ADSL filters for VDSL filters?

Thanks, that's great.

Wll do - it's due to happen on Monday