Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update please?

Keith2
Dabbler

Update please?

Hi,

Ordered Fiber Broadband a couple of weeks back - was verbally informed that activation date would be today - still no update on order tracking. Was also hoping to be adding BT SPORT. Even the router has not been sent yet.

Any clues as to what is going on?

Keith

22 REPLIES 22
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Update please?

Hi Keith. Thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've not had an update on your order yet. There's no use in me sugar coating this, but unfortunately our system hasn't automatically placed the orders with our suppliers.

I've manually done this for you now. We'll confirm your activation date within the next 24 to 72 hours. It'll take a little longer to confirm than usual as we're importing your telephone number from your existing provider. 

Once confirmed the transfer will take at least 10 working days as the lead time for a working line takeover starts from when the order is placed with suppliers. We'll post your new router out to you shortly. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Keith2
Dabbler

Hi,

As you can imagine I consider this pretty poor. The only reason I switched to Plusnet was to access BT Sport so I can watch Champion's League football. I was hoping to be watching games this week. I have a support ticket which promised me this from today, when I was due to be active.

Will you honour that promise or let me down?

Keith

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately we can't speed up the process when taking over a line.

The lead time is a minimum of 10 working days as set down by regulation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Keith2
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

You did not address my point. I was hoping to have the necessary code to activate the BT Sport App. This is completely separate to your failure to provide me with a phone line and broadband.

If you check question id  #183821376 posted by your colleague [CSA Removed] on the 22nd October you will see confirmation that I was told I could have BT Sport from the 5th November.

Can you please address this.

Keith

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've tried to add the app but we can't until the account goes live.

I can see my colleague you spoke to will follow up once the account goes live and will add it for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Keith2
Dabbler

This is unacceptable!

Keith2
Dabbler

Can a senior manager PM me and I'll provide a contact number?

Keith2
Dabbler

Hi,

You are not exactly "doing yourselves proud" on customer services. Could you please get a manager to contact me personally as per my request?

Keith

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm more than happy to arrange this for you however I'm afraid there's nothing they can do differently from what we've already advised

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Keith2
Dabbler

Please arrange this - I'd be interested to know what I have done wrong! However, after 8pm I will be listening to the match on the radio as opposed to watching as I would have expected. I can appreciate that you have to deal with Openreach or whoever to activate broadband - I don't see any viable excuse for not being able to activate the BT Sport App for me.

Keith

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Keith2, I've requested a manager PM you. It will not likely be until tomorrow you receive this PM from one of them due to some illness I'm afraid. If you want a support staff member to do this instead then let us know and we'll be able to arrange this today for you. 

As you've already been advised we cannot speed up the process, and unfortunately we cannot activate the app any sooner. No one will be able to do this for you I'm afraid. Trust me if we could we would. 

We're incredibly sorry that you're not able to watch the match as you'd expected, this is not ideal but until your services have transferred there's no way for us to be able to activate it. As the broadband and line services are transferring from another provider there's no way to speed up or expedite the transfers because of minimum lead times that have been set by Ofcom. 

Keith2
Dabbler

Joe,

Yes - please have a manager contact me (as I requested Tuesday). Please don't quote OFCOM rules to me - this all started because of a Plus Net [-Censored-]-up as far as I can tell. Unless you can explain what I did wrong???????Huh

Am I really the first customer that ever tried to move from an exisitinng fibre connection from Sky to Plusnet? As far as I can tell this was all a pretty standard situation.

I now wish I could cancel the entire process - but your "cooling-off" process finishes prior to any potential connection date.  You would be able to pursue a legal claim for costs against me for having the audacity to try to become a Plusnet customer. Reading the rest of the posts on this forum, the inability to connect customers is appears to be routine. 

Keith

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Keith2,

The request has been sent. 

I'm just telling you why we can't get it completed any sooner. We've quite clearly and openly (on a public forum) expressed that we've messed up, you haven't done anything wrong. No-one has said you have, if you've taken it as us hinting you have then I apologise. You haven't. 

You're not the first person to transfer services, this is a standard process. It should be simple and smooth and should cause a minimal amount of stress. The only painful part of a transfer (in my opinion) is the restrictions on the timescales it take, particularly when issues occur.

Unfortunately every now and then things go wrong, and your order is one of those times, and there's no sugar coating it at the moment it's damage control and trying to put things right. In an ideal world we'd be able to get your services up straight away, and get your app active so you can watch the Football but it really isn't possible. 

So again I am sorry about everything that's happened, once your orders complete we'll make sure your app is active and you'll get the manager PM in due course. 

Keith2
Dabbler

Hi,

Why am I not surprised that I have had no one attempt to contact me...........