cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Order Status

KylePenaranda
Hooked

Update on Order Status

Our phone service was activated today and received a text that the router was sent yesterday. When will that arrive and when will our broadband be active?
I've been trying to connect to the live chat all day and it kept saying there are no advisors available.
10 REPLIES 10
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Update on Order Status

Hi @KylePenaranda

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have had a look through your account and have responded with more detail on a ticket here

It is worth noting that there are a number of different order types and lead times for activation, these all depend on the status of the phone line at your property when we begin the order process. Routers are dispatched once the broadband order is placed and usually takes up to 5 working days to arrive, this varies as once dispatched it would be delivered by first class royal mail.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

KylePenaranda
Hooked

Okay but like I said, we got a text on the 29th that my router was on its way, spoke to someone the same day to confirm and they said it had been sent, now you're saying it's only been sent today?
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@KylePenaranda,

My colleague is correct in that routers are dispatched once the broadband order is placed and usually takes up to 5 working days to arrive, this varies as once dispatched it would be delivered by first class royal mail.

My apologies you were given the incorrect information previously I will pass this along to the relevant team, but yes to clarify the ticket info provided here is correct of the timescale and the status of your router.

Thanks.

KylePenaranda
Hooked

Okay thanks, and is it possible for the broadband to become active earlier than the said time or is it committed to that date?
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @KylePenaranda

The broadband order would not activate any sooner than the committed date from our suppliers.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
KylePenaranda
Hooked

Okay, so we got notified yesterday that we were due to be live on the 8th, now we're being told it will be the 10th? Any idea why the sudden push back and delay?
KylePenaranda
Hooked

Just received router. Phone line has been active for a few days. Any idea when our internet will be up? Will we have any service before the fibre is activated?
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @KylePenaranda sorry for the different live dates you have been advised of. I have updated the support ticket here with more information on this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

KylePenaranda
Hooked

Will there be any possibilities we won't need an engineer?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @KylePenaranda,

To clarify when we note that it was delayed due to engineer availability fibre order engineers are almost always external engineers. No one will need access to your premises in this case.