cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted number change

Rdb44

Unwanted number change

I am in the process is switching to plusnet, I was emailed the date 22/2/21 for the switch over however on this date my phone /internet went off because you had cancelled it with NOW broadband BUT you have not processed the rest of my order except to take money!! I have just received an email saying it will not only be another week without a phone line but I will also be having a new number after 40yrs !!!!!! To say I am angry is an understatement.

5 REPLIES 5
CinderEla
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Re: Unwanted number change

Hi, there.

Thank you for getting in touch, I apologise for the issues you've experienced and any inconvenience caused. I have looked into this and I have responded via a support ticket on the account. You can review and respond to the support ticket here. All the best, Ela

Ela
 Plusnet Help Team
bl2

Had the same problem, promised I would keep the same number by the sales people.  Day of order find that it didn't happen.  Have to wait two weeks 'quarantine' and they may be able to resolve it.  Cowboys - TalkTalk managed to transfer it last time.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@bl2 if BT based phone number for one reason or another stops working on non-BT equipment then it goes into 14 days quarantine with the current provider before it’s released back to BT so the advice you were given does look to be correct. It’s possible that the current provider was TalkTalk which explains why they’d been able to port it sooner, TalkTalk use their own porting system as opposed to BT’s that Plusnet use. 

bl2

Saga continues - I have tried again to get this resolved and been told that the original request had failed.  Shame no-one actually followed this up.  I am now assured that after waiting yet another quarantine period I may get my number - just a month I have been without.  Moral of the story - don't trust the salesperson, or the first customer support call.  I will let you know if it fails again. 

bl2

And yes, as suspected, the third promise to get this resolved has failed, yet despite the date passing no contact.  Just a complete failure to deliver.

Plusnet fail.