cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited fibre extra - Dubious if available

FIXED
Highlighted
Dave91
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: a month ago

Unlimited fibre extra - Dubious if available

Now then,

 

I've just placed an order for unlimited fibre extra for my new house (moving next week) however I'm dubious as to whether the speed estimates are actually available at the new address.

 

The speed estimates are: Unlimited fibre extra 43-62mb down, unlimited fibre 40mb down. Minimum guaranteed speed is 39mb download

 

My concern is that I have checked availability with other major providers (BT & SKY) and neither of them list their superfast packages as available and estimate speeds to be a maximum of 40mb download.

 

My question is, am I likely to actually achieve the speeds on plusnet's extra package (given lack of availability from other providers) or should I ask to downgrade to the unlimited fibre. Customer services told me that their info should be correct, but I'm sceptical. I just don't want to end up paying extra for something I can't take advantage of.

 

BT wholesale (address only - don't have landline number) lists speeds for download at: VDSL range A - 62.5, range B - 49.1. 

 

Opinions/help would be welcome.

 

Thanks

Dave

 

2 REPLIES
Baldrick1
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 809
Fixes: 66
Registered: ‎30-06-2016

Re: Unlimited fibre extra - Dubious if available

Fix

Welcome to the forum.

If it was me I would take the 40/10 standard fibre package. You probably won't notice much difference between 40 and (if you're lucky) 60Mbps. Once it's up and running you will be able to look at your sync speed and decide whether it's worth upgrading to Fibre Extra. The downside is that you may not get the new customer deal (assuming you are a new customer and not just moving) if you upgrade during your contract, so it might be worth accepting 40/10 until it's time to recontract.

Dave91
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: a month ago

Re: Unlimited fibre extra - Dubious if available

Thanks. I think I'll do that. I need to contact them anyway regarding a reorder as the current owner is changing provider so my order got cancelled. Might wait until completion just in case they perform another credit check.