cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre not connected

jamie_internet

Unlimited Fibre not connected

I upgraded my account to unlimited fibre. This was not activated and when I contacted plusnet after the date it was due to be activaed (march 10th ish) I was told Openreach said there was problem with limited connection points and they would resolve by March 31st. It does not seem to have been resolved and my internet has not been upgraded.

I understand it is a challenging time but please can you let me know what is going on and when I can expect the upgrade?

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Unlimited Fibre not connected

@jamie_internet  Welcome to the forum.

If you look through the posts you will see many on ADSL who are now working from home want to upgrade to fibre. I suspect that fibre cabinets are running out of capacity. This might be your problem. Put you phone number in here and see if it shows VDSL as currently available.   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jamie_internet

the problem was that some of the connections in the box were not working - plusnet spoke with openreach already and they confirmed they would fix it by March 31st and I would be connected. That has not happened - I would like to know from plusnet when it will happen please.

Jamie

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @jamie_internet, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the issues you've had with the service. It looks like your Fibre service has since been connected.

Please do let us know if you're experiencing issues with the connection

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
bigshineybike
Dabbler

Im having  similar problem. Upgrading to unlimited fibre extra. Im signing an 18 month contract but really only need it for these next two months or so. feeling quite detached from the normal efficent Plusnet. There are three of us working from home. we need the extra bandwidth and speed.

I need some reassurance anything is happening.

its suprising how many other companies are offering to give us a totally  brand new contract ( even plusnet!)