cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown open cease line request

andrewtjb

Unknown open cease line request

Hi

I recently tried switching from sky to plusnet and paid for the first month but I had a message today saying the order was cancelled due to an open cease request on the line due to be complete on the 8th of march.

I spoke to sky and they claimed the request was made by a third party and weren’t able to disclose who made the request. I spoke to plusnet again and they confirmed there was a request but said it wasn’t made by them and said sky should be able to cancel it.

Spoke to sky again and they reckon they couldn’t cancel it and id have to find out who made the request and get them to cancel it which seems ridiculous.

Anyway I rung them again and this time just acted dumb and said I didn’t want to leave and I hadn’t asked to switch providers and suddenly they were able to cancel the request which apparently has now been done.

Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Will I need to wait a few days before contacting plusnet again to ask them to put another request through?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Unknown open cease line request

I spoke to sky and they claimed the request was made by a third party and weren’t able to disclose who made the request. I spoke to plusnet again and they confirmed there was a request but said it wasn’t made by them and said sky should be able to cancel it.

Spoke to sky again and they reckon they couldn’t cancel it and id have to find out who made the request and get them to cancel it which seems ridiculous

A cease can only be applied by the current provider,  in this case Sky! 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andrewtjb

Re: Unknown open cease line request

Thanks for you're reply.

Seems strange sky wouldn't just say it was them.

My biggest regard was ever going with sky in the first place I've have had nothing but trouble with them.

Anyway it sounds like they've cancelled the request now so I guess I'll just get plusnet to try the switch over again.

I'm hoping to try and avoid being without broadband during the switch.