Did you mean: 

Unexplained delay getting phone connected

FIXED
ericelgato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unexplained delay getting phone connected

Hi,

I recently convinced my Mother to change her phone/broadband from Virgin to Plusnet.

The reconnection of the line was originally scheduled for Monday (04/02/2019). Then last Friday (25/01/2019) she received a message (Service Notice #401284801) telling her that there was a delay with the telephone service and Plusnet would be back in contact.

She hasn't heard anything since and we don't know what the problem is, or when/if it'll be resolved.

She's now getting concerned that the new service won't be in place by the time the Virgin cancellation goes through.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
DLF

Re: Unexplained delay getting phone connected

We’ve moved to a new house and need a new phone line connected, we applied for this on 13 September 2018. 5 months later still no phone line and 23 times no one has turned up.  We have pages of excuses and our case has been escalated to the highest priority but surprise surprise no one turned up again this week.  We are paying for a service we are not receiving.  Has anyone else received such shocking service,  Can anyone give me any advice.

@ericelgato wrote:

Hi,

I recently convinced my Mother to change her phone/broadband from Virgin to Plusnet.

The reconnection of the line was originally scheduled for Monday (04/02/2019). Then last Friday (25/01/2019) she received a message (Service Notice #401284801) telling her that there was a delay with the telephone service and Plusnet would be back in contact.

She hasn't heard anything since and we don't know what the problem is, or when/if it'll be resolved.

She's now getting concerned that the new service won't be in place by the time the Virgin cancellation goes through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @ericegato

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for any concern that has been raised regarding your mothers order.

I have had a look into this and have responded through the account on a ticket here If you have any further concerns then feel free to get in touch.

@DLF

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your house move order. I can see that there has been a large amount of external work required to provide your service which has had a huge impact on the activation date. I can see that there has been details of the next update on a ticket that you can view here

If you need any further assistance then feel free to get in touch.

ericelgato
Rising Star

According to the ticket raised the problem with getting my mother's line connected had been resolved and the service was to be activated today.

In the absence of any other information, she was still expecting a visit from Openreach this morning which hasn't happened.

I updated the ticket on Friday, and again today, but haven't received any response.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ericelgato, I'm really sorry that the engineer didn't attend today, I've contacted our suppliers and been informed the engineer was unfortunately unable to meet the appointment. I'm really sorry that you weren't informed sooner.

I have provided a further update on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ericelgato
Rising Star

Fix

My mother's connection is now in and working including the transfer of her old number from Virgin.

Thanks for the help.