cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained Delay - Getting Broadband

Whyohwhyohwhy

Unexplained Delay - Getting Broadband

Long story short-ish, upon return to UK from working abroad SKY convinced me to try them for broadband and despite their not so good reputation in this service I signed up. Two days later they started messing around with committed go live dates, so I cancelled and decided to come back to my previous provider, Plusnet, who I previously had 15 years good service from. Now it looks like service here has gone downhill in the past 3 years and I’m regretting the decision. If for no other reason than a request for an explanation submitted on Saturday 1-Feb still awaits a response.

Maybe someone can tell me how to get my fibre broadband order, made on 22-Jan, expedited. Failing that then at least an admission that the router was not ordered, they did that on Saturday after I called to find out why I hadn’t received it (the day I should have been connected). Then I got an email saying I have to wait another 10 days, taking us to the 11-Feb no acknowledgement of fault at all. Since then radio silence. I have a router now but it looks very much like they also forgot to order the line connection when I made the initial order.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the mobile 4G was any good in this area, but that’s also awful.

Any help or advise on how to get this resolved quickly would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Unexplained Delay - Getting Broadband

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Whyohwhyohwhy 

I'm sorry to see there have been issues with your order. I've reviewed this and I can see when you signed up with us on the 22nd there was a working line which was about to be ceased by the existing provider on the 23rd.

We then placed an order to reactivate the phone line, which completed on the 24th. On this same day we placed an order to provide broadband on the line, but it was unfortunately cancelled by our suppliers later on in the day. I've got in touch with BT now regarding this and I've been advised it was affected by a system issue so they had to cancel it.

Apologies for the lack of communication from us about that, which prompted you to contact us on the 1st February. On this day we replaced your broadband order and I can see we've not yet received confirmation the order is 'committed' so I've contacted Openreach and I've been advised the order is in fact committed for the 17th February in their back-end system.

As the order isn't committed yet in the front-end BT system, I've got back in touch with BT and they've made the order committed in their system to reflect the completion date of the 17th with Openreach. Apologies that you were given a completion date of the 10th, the order wasn't committed at that point so I'll pass feedback on to the adviser.

Due to the delays I've submitted an expedite request to our suppliers, however there's no guarantee that this will speed up your activation date as expedites are ultimately still based on Openreach's engineer availability.

With regards to your router, it's by design that we don't order this immediately, we'd dispatch a router a few days before a broadband service goes live but I can see we manually ordered that sooner for you.

Sorry for the complexity and the experience you've had, I'm taking this on personally moving forward which means that I'll follow things up with you as soon as we know more which should be before the close of play tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Whyohwhyohwhy

Thank you for the update and explanation Gandalf. Needless to say adding yet another 7 days to the process is beyond disappointing.

I think we always appreciate you are ultimately dependent on BT, who appear to be incapable of meeting any deadline for domestic or commercial services. I’ll count my blessings that the gas and electric suppliers do not perform so badly, providing a totally seamless service with no disruption in supply. It’s a pity BT can’t deliver anything remotely close to that.

I appreciate you taking the follow up on personally and will look forward to a resolution. In the meantime I upgraded my mobile package to 22gb and would ask that this is topped up free of charge until the broadband is live. The reception is not good here but it’s better than nothing.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Whyohwhyohwhy

No problem, could you PM me the following details relating to your mobile account and I'll be happy to see what I can do.

• Your mobile number
  • Your full name
  • Are you the account holder?
  • Your full address
  • Your date of birth
  • Last 2 digits of your bank account number
  • Last 2 digits of your bank sort code
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet