cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncontactable

Pastbury

Uncontactable

Dear Plusnet, having been a previous customer years ago I have to say your customer service is appalling now. I signed up on the 5th November and so far you have taken my money and given me a letter signed by Lisa Hartle whoopie. I have tried every number and chat option but to no avail. Please contact me directly because I feel the service level has dropped and even though it is after 14 days I have had no service from yourselves whatsoever. If this is how you treat new or returning customers I suggest you all start looking for new employment because your business plan and customer skills will cause your downfall.
Regards

A seriously fed up new customer
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uncontactable

You are right, the customer service recently has been virtually non existent !

You suggested that staff should "start looking for new employment", 

some of us here have been speculating that due to the noticeable lack of responses recently,  that they have already gone !

A seriously fed up old customer (been here 18 years - but not much longer at this rate !)

Crazy

Paula

I signed up for home broadband on the 29 October and still don't know when I will be connected.  I have written twice and received two responses - absolutely useless.  They are blaming the procurement team but customer services should sort the problem out!   I tried telephoning but the helpline says there is a 45 minute wait to be connected.  I find this unbelievable.  I have heard their ads (and have clearly been influenced by them) where they say they have the best customer service team - they have even won awards!!! Once customer service agent even helped someone sort their holiday out - they should stick to sorting out real issues.  Like you Pastbury I paid on the 29 October so my 14 days have also passed.  I am beginning to realise I have made a big mistake here.  

Perhaps Plusnet has grown too big too quickly and can't cope or they have staff retention/training issues, or procurement issues.  We can only guess as they are totally inept at relaying exactly what is going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Paula,

your last paragraph is spot on, Plusnet have ALL of those problems right now,

but also they have failed to invest in maintaining and developing their infrastructure, consequently everything is creaking at the seams and breaking with worrying regularity, and compared to other ISPs they are failing to keep up with current standards in the rapidly advancing internet technologies.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the wait times @Pastbury and welcome back to Plusnet.

It looks like our automated system sadly failed to process your order. I can see you've since called us and we've manually put the orders through to Openreach. We'll confirm your activation date soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

@Paula

It looks like this is a similar issue, where automation has failed to process the order. I'm very sorry for the responses you've received on the ticket you've raised to us. I will ensure feedback is passed on through my line manager.

I'll place your orders now and I'll update the ticket soon. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet