Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable switch service

UnHappySwitcher
Hooked

Unacceptable switch service

A story of unacceptably poor service.
Look at the Money Saving Expert site - Plusnet offering far better Broadband deal & allegedly better service than Talk Talk - my current supplier.
Nothing happens for ages, the eventually email saying switch on 10/1 - almost a month later...
Check line. They've changed my home phone number despite a note on order saying it would be retained. 😞
Also, no Broadband....
Check order. Note saying BB order cancelled?? [-Censored-]?Huh
OK, phone customer service, half an hour wait later. Get told BB order now placed - 4-5 days for switch.
Huh
Online sources say switch should take minutes. This is not a change in service type. Copper supply to copper supply - OFCOM says no problem. Not with Plusnet it seems...
Check order this evening. Order status says connection due 29th Huh
[-Censored-] x2 !!
So they expect to take 19 days after switching my broadband off to activate it again?Huh
It is now too late to stop the switch and retain a competent supplier.
Its awful. I mean how can this be acceptable?
Worst supplier switch over in the world. I can't see how this is acceptable!
Complaints into OFCOM, and Twitter publicity are next.
Nobody deserves service or lack of like this.
I'll also be back to the MSE website who encouraged the switch as thus is just an acceptable.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
UnHappySwitcher
Hooked

Re: Unacceptable switch service

PS - sorry for poor English at end - having to write this on my mobile. At least Virgin are a decent mobile supplier...
Anyway - just to add further - you have to log into your Plusnet account to be able to see any updates on your order. Surely this would make more sense if they copied it to your email as well, so you actually knew what was going on?Huh
Ah yes, that would mean you'd know earlier... Obviously not on the list for Customer Support to be informative...
Sorry for the rant, but I really think people should be aware of these sorts of issues before signing up...
UnHappySwitcher
Hooked

PPS - thanks to those bothering to read this already - bit of entertainment on a Friday night I guess 😉
Life without broadband isn't funny these days 😞
Can't even use my NowTV subscription to help me think of what the Lannisters might do...
If you want to follow up, I've crossposted the same to the Money Saving Expert forums - same user name 😉
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @UnHappySwitch, welcome to the forums!

Firstly, I'm really sorry for your the service you have encountered so far, this certainly isn't the experience you want to have with us.

I have taken a look into your orders and it looks like the second order has again cancelled due to a mismatch on our suppliers systems. A bridge case has been raised to resolve this issue and I have provided further information on the account here (due to it containing some account specific information).

With regards to the ticketing system, our updates can also be sent via email (though the emails are non-reply-able) so I'll pop a note on there to state to send updates via an email also.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Edited to correct a small error.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
UnHappySwitcher
Hooked

Thanks for the response!
I'd like to be able to tick 'This has solved my problem', however it really doesn't 😞
On the positive side, my case will apparently be reviewed again on the 23rd rather than the 29th. By which time they'll have cut off my broadband for 2 weeks... 😞
Shouldn't all this be done in the background?
If its going to take weeks to enable the activation of the Plusnet broadband, why disconnect me from TalkTalk and leave me with no supply?Huh
My router still happily connects to the local exchange & says ADSL is available - so it doesn't appear to be a 'we've got to send an engineer' issue?
There has been no coherant explanation of why it took a month from my initial request to first disconnect my broadband and now apparently at least 2 weeks without broadband before I get reconnected?Huh
If this is supposed to be good customer service, you're hiding it pretty well!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @UnHappySwitcher, I am really sorry for the length of time you have been without service.

I'm afraid at the point of placing orders we wouldn't know if we are going to encounter any issues. The previous order cancelled due to an issue on our suppliers system, though I'm sorry this was not picked up with sooner.

When we take over you phone line, TalkTalk will no longer be able to provide their Broadband service, but as advised at this point we wouldn't have known we may have an issue with the broadband.

As advised, once we know more we will get back to you with an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
UnHappySwitcher
Hooked

An update on my saga of poor service.

Today, a small miracle... Broadband connected!

So ranting here (and on the Money Saving Expert forums - from where I was persuaded to switch) appears to have resulted in my case getting looked at and resolved 10 days ahead of the original schedule.

So thanks to @LaurenB who seems to have said the right things to the right people Smiley

It still fails to explain the issues with the switch - why the broadband connection orders were cancelled twice and nobody took any action. How Plusnet can think it's acceptable to switch just the phone connection without broadband these days is beyond belief Crazy2

So my time without broadband ended up only being 9 days.

Next will be to see if they manage to restore my old phone number, which was also replaced during the transition in suppliers, despite there being a note on the order that is should be retained... Good job I don't depend on people being about to contact me by landline.

We'll just have to see if they do anything to extend my contract for the 9 days lost service. Any guesses?Huh

I would currently struggle to recommend Plusnet to anyone on the basis of my switching experience - a pity as generally they seem to be one of the better providers in terms of customer service 😞

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @UnHappySwitcher,

I am deeply sorry that you have had this experience while switching to us, and can see that my colleague Lauren has provided an update on your order. 

I would like to reassure you that the contract term will not be effected by the delay in getting you connected. This will remain as agreed while talking the service.

I am sincerely sorry that we did not pick this up sooner and was an error on our side. My team will personally monitor your order and keep you updated via the account.

Please get back to us if you have any further concerns.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team