cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer account to new property as previous tenants did not cancel their service

geekface82

Unable to transfer account to new property as previous tenants did not cancel their service

Wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had this issue and knew of any process in place to rectify it...

I've just moved in to a rented property and had arranged to have my service transferred from my old place to the new yesterday (26/05).  The order was placed without issue well in advance of my move and had been accepted/booked.

The service didn't go live as expected yesterday and when I called Plusnet for advice I was told that BT cancelled the order for Plusnet to take over the line due to an existing service being in place.  Their advice to me was to speak with the previous tenants to ask them to cancel their service so I could progress my order.

Now, I have no idea who the previous tenants we're, and though I know (and will) speak with my letting agent to see if they or the landlord could speak to them this still leaves me somewhat wary - if they didn't bother to cancel their service properly to begin with, what's going to make them do it now?

So my question is, is there any kind of process I can start (assumably with BT) to prove that I am the tenant at the property so that they can release the line to Plusnet to get my connection back up and running as soon as possible?

Additionally, if there is such a process, does anyone have contact details for who I need to speak to to get this started (surprisingly there isn't much listed for this issue on the BT website).

Many thanks in advance,

GF

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unable to transfer account to new property as previous tenants did not cancel their service

Sorry to hear the orders got cancelled.

I can see we've replaced the orders and they're progressing fine at the moment.

Unfortunately as it's a takeover of a existing line the order will take a minimum of 10 working days.

If the order fails again we may have to look at installing a new line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team