Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port landline number after signing up to Full Fibre

FIXED
Michael_0
Dabbler

Re: Unable to port landline number after signing up to Full Fibre

@SammyM (@MisterW @jgb ) I pressed a bit further with my VOIP provider and they have confirmed that for them to be able to port a number it must be in service.  I think your original idea to reactivate the number on a spare circuit was a good one and would have worked had one been found.  Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Ta for getting back to me @Michael_0 and sorry for the delay in responding. I've been chatting with Openreach and they have advised they have not received any request to port the number to another provider.  

The part about it being active is not in compliance with OFcom's rules over this and Plusnet is showing as the service provider in Openreach systems so this is what they should use for the LoA.

I would press the matter with them and advise them of what Ofcom have stated as they should be able to find where the breakdown is in communication, if you know what I mean Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I pressed a bit further with my VOIP provider and they have confirmed that for them to be able to port a number it must be in service.

@Michael_0 if you dont mind, who is your voip provider ? because I believe they're wrong. That used to be the case, in that any out of service number would have been returned to the rangeholder and not be portable. If the number is still held by the CP , PN in this case, then even though it is not in service, they still should be able to port it.

edit: @SammyM  beat me to it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I swear it wasn't intentional @MisterW  😛

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

😄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Michael_0  @MisterW  Further update for you both Smiley

Looks like the number is in Quarantine  and that may have been why they are struggling. 

They will have to email the Openreach migration to mark the number as spare and then they can port the number over to the new provider. 

Can you do me favor  @Michael_0 can you PM me the package cost for the VoIP so I can nosey and see if there is an easier and better option for you! 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Michael_0
Dabbler

@SammyM Sure, PM sent.  @MisterW I'm trying to port my number to sipgate.

Michael_0
Dabbler

@SammyM@MisterW  A little bit more, sipgate are unhelpful in this regard and only responded to my suggestion that they contact the Openreach Migration Team with another set of forms telling me to fill them in again.  I think that's Einstein's definition of insanity 🙄

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

I'm trying to port my number to sipgate.

@Michael_0 if you already have a sipgate basic account , then I can see why. If not , unless you make lots of calls and need a monthly plan, I'd suggest looking at AAISP instead https://www.aa.net.uk/voice-and-mobile/voip-information/use-cases/home-user/

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can honestly tell you they have submitted anything as we haven't had any requests through as of yet, but as it's a different company they may have a different way to dealing with it than us.  

I'm sorry we can't do much more than give you that advice. 

If you PM me the price plan you are taking with them I can look at options our side if you are still within the cooling off period. 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Michael_0
Dabbler

@SammyM If the first thing they do is dial the number to see if it's in service then that would explain the rejections with no attempt to contact either PN or OR.  @MisterW AAISP were my ISP many years' ago and I found them friendly and responsive.  I hadn't realised that they had a stand-alone VOIP plan.  I do have a sipgate account but I know when I beaten so I'll get on to AAISP ASAP.  Onward, with hope in my heart 😉

Again, I shall keep this post updated with my progress.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Nay bother @Michael_0 

You got this!!!

I will keep an eye out for your updates Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

AAISP were my ISP many years' ago and I found them friendly and responsive.  I hadn't realised that they had a stand-alone VOIP plan

@Michael_0 i have the office PBX voip with them. I have a block of 20 DID numbers which were ported from ISDN. At the time, the office broadband was with Zen (still is) but even though they claimed to be able to provide voip, no one I spoke to had a clue about they would handle a 20 DID block. Spoke to A & A and they were superb, I got a block of 2 test numbers immediately, was able to configure the pbx, then ported the main numbers. All worked fine, and when I needed help they were knowledgable and available on the phone.

Michael_0
Dabbler

Hi @MisterW , @SammyM , @jgb , @FlossyThePig , @RealAleMadrid and of course anyone who has got this far as they want to know how to retain and port their number successfully.

I heard back from AAISP this morning and my request for a number port has been accepted and should go through on 1st June!  I don't want to tempt fate and flag anything as a fix just yet but it sounds very promising.

I'll report back on the 1st.  Plenty of time to get my HT801 set up 😅

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Michael_0 that's good news. Seems like Sipgate just saw a non-active number and didnt even try to port, whereas A & A actually understand the new situation and requested the port.

Shout up if you need any help with the HT801 config...