Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate reward card

FIXED
CarolP

Unable to activate reward card

Hello

I have received a reward card as a new user to Plusnet but I am unable to activate it as I have no access to mobile phone (no signal).

Can I receive the reward in some other way  or am i just going to lose the perk?.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unable to activate reward card

Thanks for your post @CarolP You should be able to receive an activation code by email to activate the card. If you don't receive an email once you've gone through the activation process Here, I'd recommend contacting PureCard Here.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CarolP

I have tried all of that, at least 3 times now, but purecard insist that I have to get a different award from Plusnet as they will not activate the card without a mobile phone a situation which ,as a pensioner, I  find frankly beyond belief.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @CarolP,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and for confirming that you have contacted Purecard multiple times and have been told each time that there is no way to activate the card without a mobile phone. I appreciate the inconvenience that this causes when there isn't a working mobile signal in your area and I will pass on your feedback.

I have discussed this with my team leader and she has agreed that, due to the circumstances, we can send you out a cheque to the value of the cashback reward instead. However, we would need the unactivated Purecard sending back to us before we can do this. Please can you post it to the name and address that I have added to the ticket here? If you let me know how much it cost you to post the card, I will add the postage cost to the cheque that I send.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @CarolP

Thank you for posting the PureCard to me. I've received and destroyed this now. I have sent you a cheque for £55 and this should arrive within the next 5-10 working days. £50 is in lieu of the cashback and £5 is to cover the postage plus a little extra for the inconvenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
CarolP

Many  thanks to EmilyD and the rest of the team for a very acceptable solution.

CarolP

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear all is sorted @CarolP

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team