cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugrade to fibre...eventually ?

Geoffg59

Ugrade to fibre...eventually ?

I opted to upgrade to fibre following the expiry of an existing ADSL account. I successfully completed the ugrade request via the online My Account portal last week 20/4/17. On completion the final page showed that my move to unlimited fibre would take place on 27/04/17 and the phone package I had selected would occur on 09/05/17.Absolutely fine, I was impressed & took a screen shot. Subsequently received an email from Plusnet later the same day confirming the call plan change on thee 09/05/17. Brilliant, happy man.

Having heard nothing further on the fibre upgrade I checked my account today 26/4/17 to track the router despatch and was concerned to see that it had not yet been sent or indeed, at the time, even ordered. I decided to webchat CS to check (not an option I will ever use again by the way, not the fault of the 'agent' more of the medium itself) 22 minutes later (I guess that is the price of fame !) the webchat commenced.

Essentially I was advised by the agent that the entire switch over, phone and fibre, was scheduled for the 9th May irrespective of the original dates I was given. Now, if that is the case so be it, it's disappointing but not the end of the world. My 'beef' is the fact that changes have been made to the original dates I was given and yet it was seen fit not to advise or update the customer, ie. me, that, coupled with the fact that I left the chat feeling as though the agent was implying I had lied over the original dates. (screen shot attached if anyone is remotely interested).

Within a minute or so of the cessation of the 'chat' I received a Plusnet email confirming my hardware order...what a happy coincidence !

I hope the change does now occur on the 09/05/17 and not tomorrow leaving me with no internet, I guess time will tell.

I have had excellent help in the past from Plusnet with ADSL connection issues but my most recent contacts has left me feeling very much underwhelmed.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Ugrade to fibre...eventually ?

Welcome to the community forums @Geoffg59

Apologies for any confusion surrounding the fibre upgrade dates.

The minimum lead time for fibre orders is 5 working days (Generally 7 calendar days) however the actual date the order goes committed for is dependant on engineer availability and is usually confirmed to us by our suppliers within 24 hours.

Apologies for the lack of communication regarding this.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the actual package on your account changed on 27/04/16, prior to the expected order completion date.

With the phone package change, this would go through on your next billing date.

@Geoffg59 wrote:
My 'beef' is the fact that changes have been made to the original dates I was given and yet it was seen fit not to advise or update the customer, ie. me

The communication surrounding dates on fibre orders is certainly less than ideal and I've passed feedback on to the relevant people regarding this. I do apologise for any confusion this has caused, along with the experience it gave.

@Geoffg59 wrote:

Essentially I was advised by the agent that the entire switch over, phone and fibre, was scheduled for the 9th May

I have no idea why they advised this. Your fibre order is due to complete on 05/05/17.

@Geoffg59 wrote:

my most recent contacts has left me feeling very much underwhelmed.

I am sorry to hear this, and I do sincerely apologise for the experience you've had. I will be passing feedback on regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Geoffg59 your attached screenshot has nothing to do with your actual upgrade date, it is purely to do with PlusNet's accounting system which changes your account type before the actual upgrade occurs. I had a severe case of this, I had paid around 3 months for Unlimited Fibre Extra before BT sorted out the fibre links back to the exchange and my connection was upgraded. I did get a refund for the additional payments!

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Geoff, just a quick update, your order to upgrade to super fast fibre broadband has now completed and you can now start using the new super fast speeds. I am sorry this took longer than anticipated.

Should you have any problems then please let us know

Geoffg59

Having been disappointed enough to post on these forums originally it is only right to post the positive too.

My upgrade to fibre completed on the 5th May, 4 days ahead of the date I had been given in the earlier phone contact. Very pleased. Was it without issue ? no, there was some minor drama but this was quickly resolved with calls to tech support. The initial call, as my landline was out of action, being via my mobile with a very poor signal. This resulted in a dropped call on 2 or 3 occasions, each time I was phoned back immediately by the same person. What a relief.

Rather than ramble, suffice to say my landline & fibre connection were all restored in a very short time and all continues to work well.

My thanks those in tech support who helped me on the day and for the subsequent follow up call today. Excellent service and I am most grateful.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's sorted now @Geoffg59.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how it went Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet