cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned on router early no internet - was due to start today

IKM

Turned on router early no internet - was due to start today

Help! I turned on the hub early, got an email but didn’t realise was only for the phone. Broadband due to be switched today and old provider cut us off early this morning so without internet - not great when you work from home! Have I messed up the set-up process?!
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Turned on router early no internet - was due to start today

@IKM Welcome to the forums.Have you definitely been told the broadband will activate today? If so, it can take up to midnight for all the automated systems to complete. If you still have no connection tomorrow morning, come back and let us know.

John
IKM

Hi, yes we’ve had this date confirmed and I called this morning at 9am after our old provider cut us off, and was told it should be a couple of hours before it comes on as the engineers were working on it then. But I haven’t heard anything since, except the phone confirmation email.
jab1
Legend

'Engineers working on it' sounds a bit strange. Who did you move from?

John
IKM

From now tv, it was the plusnet customer service rep who told me the Openreach engineers were working on it this morning so should be on in a few hours!
jab1
Legend

Ah - so you moved from SKY. That could explain the 'engineer' involvement if you are on an exchange where they have their own equipment (an 'unbundled' one) - you line has to be physically transferred back to the BT infrastructure. You should still be up and running tomorrow - I hope - but if not, as I said before, shout up.

John
IKM

Thank you!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been removed as all I did was moved the thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still