Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to reschedule home move but can't contact advisor

FIXED
HaggisWatcher
Fixes: 1

Trying to reschedule home move but can't contact advisor

I have a home move booked in for 14 December and need to reschedule it. This is now a fairly urgent issue.

Over the last week I have spent literally several hours on hold, without being able to remedy this. I now get the "sorry we don't have any advisors available, try calling back later" type message.

A few days ago, i spoke to someone who transferred me to the correct team, except the team had left for the day.

Then I got someone who was apologetic but could not access the ordering system due to an IT issue.

Yesterday I got through to someone who said the request had been made (I think via a comment I put onto the email ticket) and said to call back today if Plusnet had not contacted me. Well no-one has contacted me and I can't get through to the relevant team.

What am I supposed to do here?

1 REPLY 1
HaggisWatcher
Fixes: 1

Re: Trying to reschedule home move but can't contact advisor

Fix

Quick update for anyone interested, not that PlusNet is showing much interest in helping people on these forums just now.

I just managed to get through to the right team, almost immediatly after calling (seems 0830 is a good time to call) and the move has been rescheduled.

According to the advisor I got, the recent problems accessing the provisioning system is because they are using Virgin to provide broadband (they can't use their own for competitive reasons, whatever that means) and Virgin's system went down. The cause of the outage is allegedly someone driving into a piece of critical equipment (spot the single point of failure, folks).

Overall [-Censored-] customer service received but hopefully the issue is resolved for the time being.

Tags (1)