cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to contact someone about changing an engineer appointment!

FIXED
gilliannorman

Trying to contact someone about changing an engineer appointment!

I am moving house on Thursday 10th December. I have been a PN customer for 5 years and am taking the service to my new address with a new contract. An openreach appt has been arranged for 10th December! I have been trying to contact plusnet for 4 days as i need to change the appt as obviously im not moving til 10th and dont know if i will be at the property when the engineer calls. I have messaged 3 times and got a reply to say they had changed the appointment to  the 10th for me??? Ive sent a message on twitter and rung all weekend and again today twice but all you get is ring later or tomorrow! When they answered my message they said ring but noone answers. Really fed up and running out of time!

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Trying to contact someone about changing an engineer appointment!

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@gilliannorman 

If the property already has a BT connection then all the work is done remotely and it is unlikely that there will be an engineer visit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gilliannorman

Hi.thank you for that. Yes there is a BT connection it was disconnected in June as both the people died from covid. Very sad.

So he will be able to reconnect from outside im assuming. Its just i was told i would need an engineer and assumed they would need entry to the house.

Thank you for your help you have sorted that for me now and one less thing i have to worry about with moving

Gill

CinderEla
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Fix

Hi, Gill.

Thank you so much for getting in touch. I have double checked this for you, and the work our suppliers carry our for the connection at the new property is all external. All the best, Ela

Ela
 Plusnet Help Team
gilliannorman

Hi Ella

Thanks so much for your reply its put my mind at rest and it will be great to be connected so quickly after moving.

Cheers. Gill