cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring home phone from BT: date passed but nothing happened?

FIXED
bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Transferring home phone from BT: date passed but nothing happened?

I have an order in for my line rental and calls package to be transferred in from BT to PlusNet. I've had a letter from BT saying it would happen on 24th February and there is a 'question' 211016976 in the Help Assistant where the last message from PlusNet also confirms that it is set for the 24th. But the question has been closed (not by me), it's now the 26th and nothing has apparently happened.

The line is still active, I can make outgoing calls, but I don't know whether they will be covered by the Unlimited Calls package I've ordered from PlusNet, or if BT will still be charging me for them (or if I'm between suppliers and nobody is currently charging me, but somehow I doubt it 🤔 ).

Any insight would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Transferring home phone from BT: date passed but nothing happened?

it's now the 26th and nothing has apparently happened.

@bobminors in terms of the actual phone service you won't notice any difference. If you log in to your Plusnet account and click the 'Phone' tab , then that ought to show whether your Phone service with PlusNet is active.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for replying. MisterW. Yes, I've looked there and it says my order is being processed so I'm assuming it hasn't been done yet. Also, Home Phone doesn't appear (yet?) in my list of products.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why, if the same date has been agreed on both ends, it hasn't triggered any action by PlusNet but it's not critical as long as it happens eventually.

I'll make the pessimistic assumption that BT are still charging me for calls.

Or maybe I'll phone PlusNet and ask them what is going on.

Or maybe I'll just wait.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, I've looked there and it says my order is being processed so I'm assuming it hasn't been done yet. Also, Home Phone doesn't appear (yet?) in my list of products.

Ok, so that does sound like the transfer hasnt happened yet. Not sure why it would be delayed, its not like it needs an engineer to do real work, its just a computer change.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Bob,

I can see the line transfer from BT was carried out on the 24th but due to agent error we hadn't automatically updated your account to show this. I've manually triggered the order to complete in our systems, this can take up to 24 hours. 

Any calls you've made since we had your line won't be chargeable by us or BT due to the error. We'll start charging you for line rental and your call plan when the phone order's completed (you'll receive an email to confirm once it has been)

Apologies for the confusion we've caused. Let us know if there are further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Thanks very much, @Gandalf that's what I wanted to hear. It's all come through now and everything's fine.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cool, no problem. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet