Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to a new property

FIXED
deekay
Grafter

Transfer to a new property

My wife and I, both 86 years old, will soon be moving from our present house to a newly built Retirement Apartment.

For very many years, we have had our phone with BT and our internet with Plus Net. I am concerned with what will happen when we move.

My wife has phoned BT and has been told that, as our new exchange has the same 01### prefix as our existing one, we can take our telephone number with us. I hope that this will continue, especially as we have recently paid in advance for 12 month's phone rental.

Is Plus Net likely to make us change to an all-inclusive package for two years and not accept having the phone with BT?

I see that I have to arrange the move by phoning Plus Net. It must be me they speak to, nobody else and no intermediary. The problem is that I am very hard of hearing, so I can't use the phone!

Please can someone give me information and advice concerning the move.

Many thanks.

Keith

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Transfer to a new property

Fix

Hi Keith,

Keeping your account as Broadband Only with us would be fine.

Once your line is active with BT, if you get in touch with us we'll be happy to move your broadband service over. Whilst ideally this would need to be done over the phone, in your situation we would be happy to progress this in writing.

I've raised this ticket on to your account with more information.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
deekay
Grafter

Hello Gandalf.

Thank you very much for the information. It has been a great help.

I have added to my ticket, with the extra information you requested.

Keith

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me Keith,

No problems Smiley

I've updated your ticket now, let us know once you know when your line is expected to be installed.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What's happened to Sim provides where you get a code from BT which you give to Plusnet and then phone and broadband get moved on the same day?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@jelv In theory (And as far as I'm aware) that should still be possible, providing BT will provide the customer with the SIM code generated on the phone order. However I believe I had a conversation with someone recently where we'd asked them to obtain this from BT when the phone order was placed and they came back saying the BT advisor had told them this wasn't possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet