cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer scheduled for 6th hasn't happened!

bobbarley
Hooked

Transfer scheduled for 6th hasn't happened!

I placed an order to move from sky broadband to plusnet fibre. I was given a transfer date of 6th February. My Sky service stopped first thing this morning, however my plusnet fibre hasn't activated. Could someone please explain what's happened?

Username is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

10 REPLIES 10
bobbarley
Hooked

Re: Transfer scheduled for 6th hasn't happened!

I don't suppose anyone can help with this?  We have awful phone signal where we live.  My wife is 36 weeks pregnant and we rely on WiFi calling most of the time, but she might go into labour any day now and needs to be able to get hold of me.

figgley
Grafter

Have plenty of warm water to hand and a bottle of something strong for yourself.

bobbarley
Hooked

Had to call up instead, which by the way I was on hold for AN HOUR!!

Apparently there was an issue with the phone line with delayed the fibre activation.  I find it absolutely appalling for a number of reasons:

• No one bothered to check this prior to my scheduled 6th transfer date
  • No one contacted me to tell me, they just let it not work
  • They didn't contact Sky to request they continue providing service until the matter is resolved

If this is the level of service that can be expected before I even have a working connection, I am seriously concerned for the next 18 months.  

It's now scheduled to go live on 10th as it's obviously too much trouble for Plusnet to fix the problem today and activate the line.  Absolutely shocking.

MILLS451

we've left sky exactly same.... Sky disconnected on 6th feb, still not activated, spent an hours on web chat last night to be told it can take up until midnight on 6th....  still nothing at 2100 hrs on 7th... tried phoning a queen of 1 hour and disconnected after 12 minutes.....  web chat isn't working.......  not very impressed really... 

quick enough to take my first payment though...i wouldn't mind if there had been some communication to explain but as it stands i have no idea of what is going on and no way of speaking to any one......

bobbarley
Hooked

I've been told I should have broadband on 10th. I'm not holding my breath though.

British gas came to install Hive today and couldn't proceed due to Plusnet not activating broadband.

My wife is also very upset that if she goes into labour she can't get hold of me.
MILLS451

It seems that Customer Service is non-existent with all these companies...  if it wasn't for Sky ridiculous prices increase at the end of contract and non ability to match plus net i would of stayed put to avoid this hassle....  

Fingers crossed you get connected soon 

Supravicky

Same situation for me to, Sky disconnected me on the 6th but plus net claim it shouldn't of been until the 15th. The customer service is dreadful, certainly not 'award winning'!
Now my order status is failed, no idea what this means or how I get to talk to someone without being on hold for an hour!
bobbarley
Hooked

So our broadband is supposed to activate today.  Do you all want to take bets on whether it happens?

bobbarley
Hooked

You can't make it up.  

Craig
 at 10:49, Feb 10:
Thank you for your patience. Our suppliers have found an exception with the order and expect this to be cleared in 5 working days
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear what's happened.

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to get this sped up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team