Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from John Lewis

dh1
Hooked

Transfer from John Lewis

Hi there,

I signed up for broadband with Plusnet on 14 November with intention of transferring from John Lewis (which is of course supplied by Plusnet). I was billed by Plusnet accordingly on 14 November but I am still having to pay by direct debit to John Lewis because, while phone seems to have switched to Plusnet, the broadband is still in the name of John Lewis.

So I am paying out for 2 lots of telephone and broadband.

I am also scared that someone at Plusnet or John Lewis will cancel the broadband and/or lose the telephone number given the comments elsewhere in the community about cancelled orders, and ongoing issues with transfers between John Lewis and Plusnet.

I have tried ringing the Plusnet contact number but had to give up after over 40 minutes of waiting. Can anybody help?

17 REPLIES 17
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Transfer from John Lewis

Hi @dh1 sorry for the difficulty you've experienced getting through to us on our other support channels.

I have updated a few details on your Plusnet account and your brand migration is now complete.

I have also addressed your concerns regarding your billing here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, 

I have had lots of problems moving from John Lewis to plusnet, the first attempt had to be cancelled and then reapply, transfer took place as scheduled but for reasons unknown my phone is not showing on my account, this stops me ordering plusnet tv which is very annoying. John Lewis had cancelled my account but it was still live on their systems and they continued to take money, it took 4 phone calls plus a post on Lewis's Facebook before it seems to have been sorted, time will tell,

Chris 

dh1
Hooked

Hi Satta,

Thank you so much for the swift response regarding my brand migration!

If I may, I have a few follow-up questions for you (and/or your team):

1.  I understand that my Plusnet broadband is now due to start 14 December (ie tomorrow) - I assume that i just continue to use my John Lewis router and update its connection settings given i have not been sent a Plusnet Hub One router by post? I do not believe that this should be an issue in practice as manual settings are set out in "My account" under the page "Broadband" > "Connection details" and look like they should be relatively simple for me to update on the John Lewis router (i hope Smiley ).

2.  "My account" is showing on the "Phone" page the following: "Home Phone    Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you."  Do I need to to do anything further about this "inconsistency" as it appears my number has already been moved to Plusnet, yet "My account" does not properly recognise this?

3.  Is it fair to say that you have effectively sorted out the John Lewis and Plusnet duplicate billing by postponing my next Plusnet bill to Jan 13?

Best wishes

dh

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Good luck, don't hold your breath 😬

dh1
Hooked

Hi Chrisvesey,

Thank you for wishing me luck.

I read your thread and do not underestimate the challenges facing the Plusnet CSC team with this type of brand migration.

Will keep my fingers crossed!

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi, 

For what it's worth I am the proud owner of two plusnet hub one routers 😊 the hub one is much better than the zyxel router supplied by John Lewis in that it switches automatically between 2.4 and 5 mhz and seems to have a better wireless signal, my phone used to try to next doors router when I came home but now connects to the hub one and also reaches the garage which the zyxel didn't. Hope they sort you out soon, 

Chris 

dh1
Hooked

Hi Satta (Satss)

Just to follow up on the three questions in my message to you last night:

1. Still awaiting answer.

2. Resolved - inconsistency removed on My account.

3. Awaiting response.

Best wishes

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi, 

I told you not to hold your breath 😕

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @dh1

1.  I understand that my Plusnet broadband is now due to start 14 December (ie tomorrow) - I assume that i just continue to use my John Lewis router and update its connection settings given i have not been sent a Plusnet Hub One router by post? I do not believe that this should be an issue in practice as manual settings are set out in "My account" under the page "Broadband" > "Connection details" and look like they should be relatively simple for me to update on the John Lewis router (i hope Smiley ).

It looks like your broadband with us went live on 13/12/18 at 15:42. Bit disappointed though that we didn't order you router in advance of this happening, but I can see it was ordered yesterday, so we'll get it to you soon.

If you setup your John Lewis router using your connection details found here or via the connection details tab in your account, you'll be up and running with us.

2.  "My account" is showing on the "Phone" page the following: "Home Phone    Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you."  Do I need to to do anything further about this "inconsistency" as it appears my number has already been moved to Plusnet, yet "My account" does not properly recognise this?

Looks like we've managed to fix that today at 09:36 which matches your recent reply here:

2. Resolved - inconsistency removed on My account.

3.  Is it fair to say that you have effectively sorted out the John Lewis and Plusnet duplicate billing by postponing my next Plusnet bill to Jan 13?

I'd expect you to receive a pro-rata refund on the back of your John Lewis Broadband account for any time you've paid for a service you haven't had, assuming the cancellation has happened part way through your billing month.

Regarding your Plusnet account as this was activated on the 13/12/2018 the initial fee you've paid will cover you from then up until the 12/01/2019 so your next bill should be generated on the 13/01/2019.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dh1
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf

Thank you for your detailed response. It does help! Following the same numbering as before:

1.  Broadband is up and running still using the John Lewis router and John Lewis settings so a little bit of me questions whether it has really completed. In my ticket (ending #32) closed this morning, Thomas Walker said yesterday at 15:58 it would complete 14/12/18 (i.e. today). That said and this is the key, both phone and broadband are working currently.

2.  Thank you.

3.  I therefore assume for billing purposes that I should expect that the John Lewis service ended yesterday (albeit there does not have to be a  difference at my end in router or settings). 

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

I wish they could sort mine out that quickly 🙄, got my refund cheque this morning so hopefully my John Lewis account is now fully eradicated. I would use the plusnet router when it arrives, just plug it in and it sets itself up and works better than the old one, 

Regards, 

Chris vesey 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

1.  Broadband is up and running still using the John Lewis router and John Lewis settings so a little bit of me questions whether it has really completed. In my ticket (ending #32) closed this morning, Thomas Walker said yesterday at 15:58 it would complete 14/12/18 (i.e. today). That said and this is the key, both phone and broadband are working currently.

Both your phone and broadband service are provided by Plusnet.

It's likely that the cancellation for your John Lewis Broadband account is just in progress still.

If you configure your router with your Plusnet credentials, it'll work.

3.  I therefore assume for billing purposes that I should expect that the John Lewis service ended yesterday (albeit there does not have to be a  difference at my end in router or settings). 

You'll need to configure your existing router to work with your Plusnet details as you've not received your Plusnet router yet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dh1
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf

1.  Thank you for the confirmation that services are now being provided by Plusnet. I also checked John Lewis' website and it now indicates that my John Lewis account was terminated on 14 December 2018. I also see there that John Lewis expect to issue a final bill with any refund within 90 calendar days of termination; given they billed me on 10 December 2018, I therefore expect that I shall receive a refund from them in due course.

3. As my broadband is currently working, I have left my John Lewis router and its settings unchanged for the time being, on the basis that if it is not broke, do not try to fix it!  But I may yet be back for further advice on the Plusnet settings (which I have noted down) if in the future the router ceases to work ...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.

In my opinion I'd setup the router with the Plusnet details rather than waiting for the cancellation to fully complete leaving you without a broadband connection until you reconfigure your router.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet