cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback declined

ft01

Topcashback declined

On the 10/08 I have signed off for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra using Topcashback only to discover my claim was declined. When I signed off, I had a choice between a Mastercard (as far as I remember) and the cashback offer I opted for. This offer was one of the reasons I went for Plusnet. I am now left without either, the cahback or the card, which is extremely disappointing.

I have taken a screenshot showing my claim was tracked but still had to open a claim with Topcashback (I waited for after the cooling off period).

Is there anything you can do?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Topcashback declined

Hi @ft01, sorry to hear about that.

I am afraid it is a matter you would have to take up with the affiliate website you signed up with. Have they given you a reason to why it was declined?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
ft01

Here is the response I received. Like I said, Topcashback tracked the purchase - you did not:

Hi there,

I’m writing to you to say that we have recently received a resolution for your claim from the retailer’s network agency.

Unfortunately, it seems as though they have taken the decision to decline your claim as we have not been identified as the last channel to your sale.

When a transaction is made through our site, we need to be identified as the point of origin and the last click of this sale, this means that we can be seen as the “correct channel” and will be awarded commission for directing you to the retailer’s site, we would then pass over 100% of the commission as cashback.

When we have not been identified as the last click, we are not awarded any commission to be able to pass over to you as cashback.

This can be down to any number of contributing factors, such as pre-saved baskets, not clearing cookies & cache, browser history, voucher codes, amongst many other things. There is a little more detail that you can find on the following link:

www.topcashback.co.uk/help/100

I can only apologise about this, I can completely understand how disappointing it is to have your claim declined. Regrettably, as this decision is a solid declined resolution from the retailer’s network agency, we will be unable to dispute this any further and must consider this the final resolution.

I’m sorry we couldn’t get a better outcome for your claim, I sincerely hope your future transactions run much more smoothly.

Many thanks,
Tom

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @ft01,

I have sent an email to the Marketing team to make sure of the offer that your account was signed up against but essentially If this was signed up through an affiliate website then I am afraid there is nothing we can do. It is something you would directly need to contact them about.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team