cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback + Plusnet reward card and first payment by Debit card

Midge5

Topcashback + Plusnet reward card and first payment by Debit card

I signed up for Plusnet today, first the offer was for Plusnet +£70 Reward card on sign up, that disappeared after I clicked on topcashback for Plusnet when it  was offered through my browser, which is understandable i guess, the page changed to Plusnet in partnership with Topcashback so i filled in that section of the signup page (said cashback would appear in my topcashback account after 1 hour) I then carried on as normal with signing up, entered my card details, then direct debit details and was then surprised by having to enter my card details again!? I thought something must have gone wrong the first time so went ahead and finished the sign up process, sometime later there has been no tracking of my purchase with Topcashback, there's nothing there at all and my bank is showing I have paid twice for the £22.99 at sign up! its all very confusing and I cannot afford to pay twice the amount of £45.98.

So I  lost the £70 Plusnet reward card because topcashback offered £85, which wasn't tracked for some reason and doesn't appear in my account and now I have paid twice for the signup to plusnet ....... no reward, no cashback and charged twice for sign up Arrrrrrggggh Help! 😖

2 REPLIES 2
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Topcashback + Plusnet reward card and first payment by Debit card

Hi @Midge5

Sorry to hear this.

In terms of the cashback, you would need to raise a dispute with TopCashBack for this as it isn't something we'd provide directly I'm afraid. You would need to raise a 'missing cashback' form through your TopCashBack account.

Having checked your account I can see that only one payment is logged on your account. Have you checked with your bank to confirm that 2 payments have been debited, or if one of them is sat in a pending state? If so, the payment is usually returned within 5 days.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Midge5

Re: Topcashback + Plusnet reward card and first payment by Debit card

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, I have contacted Topcashback by filing a "missing Cashback" claim which could take over a month!  and also contacted my bank who says if the pending amount gets taken to contact Plusnet for a refund in a few days, it's a shame I have to wait a month or more for Topcashback to potentially sort out the problem which means I may not get what I'd signed up for and lost the chance of Plusnet Reward Card too if that's the case.

Not alot I can do now except wait and hope,

thanks again - George.