Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopCashback + Plusnet Reward Card?

FIXED
Bacalhau
Dabbler

TopCashback + Plusnet Reward Card?

According to Topcashback's website, if you sign up Plusnet Unlimited Broadband Line Only, you get the TCB cashback (£65) and you also get the "£50 Plusnet Reward Card". Have I understood this correctly, you get both? Because once you click through there is no mention of the Plusnet Reward Card anywhere else during the order.

plusnet.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
LM16T
Dabbler

Re: TopCashback + Plusnet Reward Card?

I don't know
But whatever you do keep screenshots of everything you expect to receive, that way no one can say you didn't qualify for a reward. And should you elect to sign up then I'd advise you to have a good look about the forums. Read the feedback carefully then decide if this is the ISP that will deliver everything you expect of them.
Phil_Cleary
Grafter

I think the "£50 reward card" is there by mistake on Topcashback Compare. If you click through to see how the £13.99 net cost is worked out it just deducts £65 cashback, not £65 + £50.

You can usually combine the cashback with paying 12 months upfront at £197.88 rather than £18.99 a month which reduces the net cost down by another £2.50 a month.

Quidco is currently paying £70 so marginally better than Topcashback

LM16T
Dabbler

If you pay the 12 months upfront then that allows them to up your monthly cost throughout the contract and if you go the other way then that protects you from any future price increases. But remember to read the forums beforehand.
Then if you jump in you will only have yourself to blame. Check the feedback. Smiley wink.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

Hi @Bacalhau

Thanks for raising this to us.

These are not 2 offers that can be taken in conjunction, the top offer is TopCashbacks offer of £65.00 cashback. Below there is an alternative offer that is listed as processing quicker and as a result you would benefit earlier of a £50 reward card. This is a direct offer from ourselves and more detail can be found here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

ebritt

Hi,

I too signed up for plusnet unlimited fibre extra through top cashback with an advertised amount of £85.00 this initially tracked as a pending amount on my top cashback account and has shown in my account earnings as such since I placed the order in early January. I had problems getting connnected which eventually turned out to be a router issue but successfully activated my account on saturday 26/01/19. On 29/01 I received an e mail asking me to complete a form for my plus net reward now I was active (which I had no idea what that was) immediately after completeing that from, I looked at my top cashback account to see if it was related to validating my cashback now I was finally connected, to find that the £85.00 which was previously pending was now crossed through and marked as declined!! Is this a routine scam by plus net to offer incentives for people to sign up through these sites with no intention of paying it out, or have I done something wrong? Will plusnet send me the £85.00 as a cheque? The sign up obviously tracked as it was showing on my account? Please can someone answer me regarding this as I'm feeling pretty annoyed, and can see on here it seems a common problem. Also my bb speed of 28.9mbps is nowhere near my minimum guaranteed speed of 58.8mbps and the signal from the router does not even reach the back of my house (which is not large) is this normal? Feel so disappointed with my change and I've switched to something at double the cost I was paying before! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@ebritt I'm really sorry to hear this.

So we can investigate the cashback issues further can you provide a screenshot of the declined cashback?

With regards to the download speeds we've tested your line and that's not showing any issues as shown below.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 78.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 339.1
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-01-26T14:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 69.4 Mbps 78.7 Mbps 72.3 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 582.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-01-30T13:01:08.496+00:00 2019-01-30T13:16:08.496+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Is it possible for you to test the speeds over a wired connection if you haven' done so already?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ebritt

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply, I spoke to tech yesterday and have a number of things I am going to try as it is the wireless connection that is the problem around the house.

Regarding the top cashabck issue I have attached 2 screen captures one I took when placing my initial oder which shows the link in the top left hand corner where I could go back to my previous screen of top cashback which I clicked through to plusnet on, and one of my top cashback account screen showing the transaction as now declined.

declined cashback.jpgaccount opening.PNG

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ebritt, thanks for the details and those screen shots.

I have raised this to the relevant team for you to see if there is anything more we can do, we will get back to you once we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ebritt

Can you tell me if you have made any progress with this? I think its a case of false advertising to show a cashback offer and then dispute it after the customer has signed up.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Everyone,

You can view our Cashback FAQhere

2. Who is eligible for Plusnet Rewards?

Only customers who've signed up to a Plusnet Reward offer will receive the relevant reward. We may impose additional eligibility criteria, such as a requirement to sign-up online, but we'll tell you about these when we offer each Plusnet Reward.

Sometimes we might make different Plusnet Rewards available via different channels (for example a different Plusnet Reward might be offered if you sign-up via one of our partners to if you sign up with us directly). If you attempt to sign-up for multiple Plusnet Rewards you'll only be entitled to one reward (normally the last one that's selected) and we reserve the right to refuse to provide any Plusnet Rewards if we think you're deliberately trying to obtain multiple rewards.

FoweyBoy

I went through Topcashback which showed a £50 Reward Card. I was under the impression that I would get both the £70 cashback advertised by Topcashback and the £50 Plusnet Reward card. Nowhere did I see I would not get the £50. I have got the £70 cashback - very quickly which was great. However, I never got an email about the Reward Card, and when I phoned the Plusnet help line I was told I did not enter a code for the Reward card. This process is most unsatisfactory. I factored in the £50 reward card when comparing Plusnet prices with other providers. This does not look good for Plusnet.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @FoweyBoy

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your cashback.

Unfortunately as indicated further up the thread there are a number of offers available however they are not available in conjunction with each other. If you have taken the £70 cashback offer from Top Cashback, you are unfortunately not eligible to receive a £50 reward card direct from ourselves as well.

When signing up there is a code allocated to your account depending on the manner in whether you sign up directly or through an affiliate. This is why the code on your account does not match up with our reward card offer.

FoweyBoy

In that case your marketing, and that of your affiliates, need to be much clearer about offers to avoid accusations of mis-selling.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for the feedback, @FoweyBoy

I'll pass it across to the Marketing Teams and see if anything can be done to make this clearer. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR