cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too hard to renew my contract or follow up solutions

tjmckee
Hooked

Too hard to renew my contract or follow up solutions

I do not find the online system fit for purpose!

I have been trying to renew my phone contract.  I am sure it is possible to do online.  I can see I am not alone and that action has been taken to solve what appears to be a system problem. Entries are marked as solved - but give no clue how I can apply the solution found. Cannot find "Chat". Cannot find "Email". 

I have wasted another hour going round in circles.  Can I renew my Line Saver Option as advertised in an email to me?  I'll try a reply, but last time the response was to do it online!  It seems that ordering Fibre may have scuppered it. (I have also spent weeks trying to sort a mailbox full issue.)

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Too hard to renew my contract or follow up solutions

@tjmckee 

Things are not easy at the minute. There is no operating chat or email option. You cannot renew your LRS on line if you already have a change such as an upgrade to fibre in progress.

Your only hopes are to either ring in when queues are short or wait and see if a Plusnet staffer picks up this post.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

tjmckee
Hooked

Thank you, BUT the computer thinks this is now an accepted fix!

I know times are tough, but  receiving emails with instructions that are wrong, or correct but do not work is a really worrying signal. It started before this problem.  Anyway, if there is a way of saying thank you, without saying the problem was solved it would be much better! I am grateful for your reply. I can stop trying. Easier to pay the extra line rental.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You are the only one that can mark this thread fixed.

If it is not, than you could report the post and ask a Mod to clear the fix.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @tjmckee

Sorry to hear about problems you have with renewing Line Rental Saver. Once your new contract will be active you will be able to renew it online here.

Unfortunately it is not possible to do it when there is pending contract on account.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

It really is about time that Plusnet sorted out this issue. I have lost count of the number of posts where customers are prevented from renewing LRS because they have a new pending contract or similar. At the very least they need to put a warning on the contract renewal page to say that you should renew LRS first, if you want to renew before the recontract completes, which will go through almost instantly, and then renew the contract.