cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of waiting

DeclanM

Tired of waiting

Order was placed over a week ago and it's still "processing" no update tried to connect via live chat to find out how long it should take yet no one could tell me anything as the relevant team aren't around on a sunday apparently. Getting very frustrated after you've taken the money yet not even letting me know when my order will actually be processed. Feel as though if I'd gone with another company I'd probably be online already. On live chat they couldn't even say for definite when the cooling off period starts, when order is placed or when you finally get online.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Tired of waiting

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forum.

A detailed answer will need a staffer, but I can offer some generic advice. The cooling off period starts when the order is placed. The order tracker can show the same status for a good deal of the order journey without there being issues ... and there again some issues starting within BT’s supply systems can disappear into a black hole requiring help from the provisioning team who do not work Sundays.

You’ve not indicated what kind of order this is. Taking over a working line has a minimum of 10 working days delay to comply with Ofcom anti slamming controls, so being just a week into the journey and service not yet available is to be expected.

Taking over a ceased line can be very quick ... if BT has not released the assets for the circuit.

If you have just moved, there is the possibility that the previous subscriber’s service with their supplier is still in the process of being ceased. If that is the case, BT will not allow a new order to be processed for the line until the old service cease date has been reached. Such date could be subject to a minimum notice period.

Industry regulation to stop the practice of slamming users can have frustrating consequences. Have you looked at the tickets on your account which might illuminate what is happening on your account?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DeclanM

It's a ceased line that hasn't been used in at least 2 years that we have lived here. The order tracker just says "your order is being processed" its driving me insane. Over a week and still in the early stages of being processed. I can't seem to get any more actual details on the progress
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Ah - the tail might still be in place but I expect the rest of the circuit is long gone.

This is a job for one of the steely eyed staffers!

@Gandalf ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @DeclanM, thanks for getting in touch. 

I am really sorry for the lack of communication there has been surrounding your orders. I can appreciate the frustration this would cause. From checking over the account, I can see your phone line is active and complete with ourselves and your broadband order has been placed but we're currently awaiting a committed completion date from our suppliers. We should be able to provide you the completion date within the next 24 hours. As you've previously advised, the line at the property was in a stopped status so we needed to re-activate that first before placing the broadband order.

Your hardware has also been ordered so you'll definitely be in receipt of the router prior to activation.

If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team